• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I love Holy Rag so much. Just fits into control Paladin perfectly.

LIVE, INSECT!

I think it might be the best sound in the game atm. Pretty awesome. Best part is the attack sound is him saying DIE, INSECT too so you get to hear both.

Yeah, I think the spell evolve isn't top notch. There are perhaps a few cheesy combos with it. But master of evolve is master of eww.

I'm sticking with scumbag aggro Shaman to get as high as I can before the month ends, but next month I want to spend more time messing with the Evolve deck. As you said, the spell doesn't seem to be that great. Might try making a combination Totem/Evolve deck.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Do you use Sea Giant or Twilight Summoner in that deck?

I think I can made degenerate zoo deck with those card but its huge investment

Sea Giant x2

I'm not keen on Summoner for Zoo, not that I have any to play with.

35235.png

this guy can do work in arena. get some much value from it with living roots.
Maybe good for Egg Druid?

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
I feel bad for those who pre-ordered packs and got like one or two Legendaries. Me? I still haven't spent money on the game ever, and with my 13 bonus packs (and 10 bought through gold), I got 2 Legendaries and 1 Golden Legendary.

I say this because if I were you, I'd hate me.

KuroNeeko

Last night I did some experimentation with Dragon Priest.

DP saw a lot of great cards rotate out of standard, but this isn't all bad. I think it opens the door for the deck to include the greatest dragon of them all, the Twilight Drake. The old deck never consistantly had more than 4 cards in hand making Twilight a risky include. So here are my changes for Standard:

Power Word Shield x2
Twilight Whelp x2

Museum Curator x2
Wyrmrest Agent x2

Shadow Word Death x2
Thoughtsteal x1
Blackwing Technician x2

Shifting Shade x2
Twilight Guardian x2
Twilight Drake x2

Holy Nova x2
Azure Drake x2
Blackwing Corruptor x2

Entomb x1
Cabel Shadowpriest x1

Ysera x1

I'm going to try this and all, but no Northshire, no ASPs, and only one Cabal--does it even feel like Priest when you play? ; )

I'm going to try this and all, but no Northshire, no ASPs, and only one Cabal--does it even feel like Priest when you play? ; )

there's only 28 cards in that list, but you don't play ASP at all in dragon priest. Dragon priest is more about tempo and controlling the board through your minions so ASP doesnt work all that well with it. Also 1 cabal since there isn't many cabal target anyways

Tried my first stream, and I've found it helps when thinking out loud. Helps yourself think better, if that makes sense.

I tuned in for a bit near the end. You did good, man. It's not easy to put yourself out there.

The main thing I've taken from the bigger Arena streamers is to take your time. This doesn't mean roping, just taking a bit to evaluate your plays. This is really hard for me personally, as I am inclined to rush. This applies double to drafting. There is no time limit on the draft, and after halfway or so it's more about filling gaps in your deck, or moving toward a certain archetype, than just following the tier list and picking the highest card.

tylerf

C'thun Priest with all the healing cards is hilarious to play against aggro Shaman. They try so hard but it's never going to happen.

I feel bad for those who pre-ordered packs and got like one or two Legendaries. Me? I still haven't spent money on the game ever, and with my 13 bonus packs (and 10 bought through gold), I got 2 Legendaries and 1 Golden Legendary.

I say this because if I were you, I'd hate me.
I don't hate you. I hate Blizzard's shitty RNG programming. I bought 50 packs in Duelyst and got like 15 legendaries.

fuzzyset

Pulled a Master of Evolution with Huckster. I was able to get Brann out as well. Shadowstep + MoE + Brann = nice value.

edit: also not sure if it's the usual interaction, but you can't choose different targets, just evolves twice on the same minion.

I am 2/4 on the games I put it on my deck, once I evolved a board with a Tuskar, a wind totem and kodo rider plus 2 kodos, that game was already won, the second time it gave me an Emperor (taunt one) and Emperor (Thaurissan) for 9 mana from my hand lol. The other 2 games I lost one where I had it but couldn't played, and I won one without it

Hmmmmmm you got me thinking now. That is not a bad turn 6 or even turn 8 play (guarantee a summon) Two 6 mana 3/5's that could take a little damage and evolve to a 7 mana. Hmmm indeed. I was looking for something to replace volcanic drake and this may be a nice replacement.

Majine

Banned
I've had way more luck in the legendaries this expansion than any before it.

Ragnaros lightlord, Deathwing, Emperor Veklor and Yogg Saron in the 63 packs. Pretty good.

you know whats scary about evolve? it can be in any deck. so i guess against shaman have to just try to put out constant pressure and hope the board clears are unlucky

Haly

I want to play Rogue but I don't want to craft VanCleef/Xaril/Shadowcaster because I'm not totally sold on it yet.

Feels bad.

First time since this game came out that I couldn't play Rogue on the cheap :(((

The wallet meta is real.

I want to play Rogue but I don't want to craft VanCleef/Xaril/Shadowcaster because I'm not totally sold on it yet.

Feels bad.

First time since this game came out that I couldn't play Rogue on the cheap :(((

The wallet meta is real.
For real, like every single deck needs several epics and legendaries. I can't play a decent C'Thun deck because of no twin emps(yet), so I'm stuck playing slightly subpar decks.

fuzzyset

Feels bad.

The wallet meta is real.

FWIW Xaril shows up a lot in in the Journey card. Obv not as good as having it, but I've played it in a lot of my games. I also don't run Van Cleef in my current iteration (though I'm thinking about adding it back in). I've also found that Shadow Strike is really useful. It Preps to 0 mana, with Drake or Thalnos, it can easily knock out a big minion.

Pooya

Rogue is not that expensive, there are only two legendary cards in miracle lists right now. Shadowcaster isn't really necessary, it's not a bad card but it's really hard to fit in the deck.

The deathrattle deck is VERY expensive though.

Feels bad.

The wallet meta is real.

I haven't made him yet, but I think Xaril is still good. It gives Rogue the spare parts they would've loved in GvG. I'm not sold on Shadowcaster. VanCleef is kind of irreplaceable though, and I've had him since the Miracle Rogue heyday, I even dusted a duplicate at one point.

And yeah Shadow Strike I haven't played with yet, but I think the card is good if you can find space.

Right now I'm considering running Leeroy or perhaps a Sylvanas in place of Rafaam, Anub'arak might not be bad either if I had him. Elise, Cairne, or Illidan could also be viable options. Of course there's always Malygos as well if you want to put in a Sinister Strike or two.

Triz

I know its an old card. But that feeling of Playing Kezan Mystic in Arena on a mage when they are down to two cards. And its counter spell. Then they can't do anything with all the cards in thier hand for four turns as you continue to wreck them.

Zemm

Yogg Saron is easily the most retarded card they've ever made. Ben Brode must be on crack when designing this game, and not in a good crack kind of way.

Majine

Banned
Yogg Saron is easily the most retarded card they've ever made. Ben Brode must be on crack when designing this game, and not in a good crack kind of way.
Heathen! Yogg Saron will punish you by giving you +2/+2 and draw you cards into fatigue.

I know its an old card. But that feeling of Playing Kezan Mystic in Arena on a mage when they are down to two cards. And its counter spell. Then they can't do anything with all the cards in thier hand for four turns as you continue to wreck them.

The worst part of Standard was dusting my golden one. So many memories....

The one thing I've always disliked about Rogue though, and this could be considered a positive, is that it always feels very tactical and taxing on the brain to play. There's a much higher skill cap for playing Miracle Rogue than Zoo or whatever where you just plop down whatever fits the mana curve. Holding on to resources for big burst turns with auctioneers and the like. It's great to win, but Hearthstone is a game I usually approach as something that's supposed to be less intense than other games.

Haly

It's a positive for me. It and Patron are the funnest decks.

Zemm

Heathen! Yogg Saron will punish you by giving you +2/+2 and draw you cards into fatigue.

nah but seriously, if I ever need proof Ben Brode is incompetent at his job I can point to that card. It's not even overpowered, it;s just the worst of everything Hearthstone.

georly

Anyone else try bloodlust in their shaman evolve deck? It's working really well for me so far. I just run 1, but it's won me 2 games now (where I would have lost the next turn).

I wonder if people are gonna start trying to play Ancient Harbinger now that they're losing games because they didn't draw their big thing when they needed it. I mean mage can easily play it with frost nova and get a high chance of it working(or at least bait removal).

fertygo

Yogg is weird, its really not work well if the plan is to bail you out

But its almost guarantee board clear/reset and draw, best time to use it actually at mid game

its just me or Aggro Shaman actually the best fit lol

Top Bottom