• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Tried Zoo for a bit and that new 3 drop already instilled a ton of fear into people. Had a pally autoconcede while playing it, a C'thun Druid naturalized it, and a rouge just double sapped it.

I wonder if people are gonna start trying to play Ancient Harbinger now that they're losing games because they didn't draw their big thing when they needed it. I mean mage can easily play it with frost nova and get a high chance of it working(or at least bait removal).

I actually pulled this off of a Raven Idol in my astral druid which was hilarious.

Zoggy

warlock zoo is now ridiculous

evolve shaman is basically zoo

midrange hunter is now also zoo

all we've got now is cthun decks and zoo

Yogg's outcomes are -

37 Buff/Heal/Summon Minions on your Side
26 One-sided AoE
20 Draw Cards
19 Secrets
64 Damage Spells
30 Buffs/Heals - Targetable Anywhere
10 Spells that do nothing

102 positive or neutral outcomes
94 coin flips
10 nothings

According to r/CompetitiveHS. In case anyone was curious.

Dahbomb

Councilman would've been fine standalone but them including Forbidden Ritual in the same set makes him god damn ridiculous. He's a must remove status minion now.

I tuned in for a bit near the end. You did good, man. It's not easy to put yourself out there.

The main thing I've taken from the bigger Arena streamers is to take your time. This doesn't mean roping, just taking a bit to evaluate your plays. This is really hard for me personally, as I am inclined to rush. This applies double to drafting. There is no time limit on the draft, and after halfway or so it's more about filling gaps in your deck, or moving toward a certain archetype, than just following the tier list and picking the highest card.

Thanks for the feedback! It really means a lot. I'm enjoying dabbling into streaming. I'll definite take slowing down into account. I need to do more arena research too, I haven't played enough of it compared to constructed, it's like a whole different mindset.

tylerf

Somehow went on a 12 game winning streak with C'thun Priest to get to rank 5. It doesn't seem that strong so I think I just got lucky.

Papercuts

Where is your C'thun now?

XS5niwc.png

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
finally got a deck I feel comfortable with

it's basically just Classic Warrior with a couple of small adjustments

it's not always great, especially against fucking freeze mages, but I'm a huge fan of how my damage numbers can explode out of nowhere

I'm sure it's not the best deck and I'm a scrub or whatever, but it's the first time I feel like I have a real-ass game plan.

Got N'zoth from my free packs. Having a blast with my slightly modified Deathrattle Rogue from the recipe list. In one game I pulled an Anub'arak from Journey Below and it did some serious work. Then I remembered I actually got him from a pack a while ago. Is he worth putting in or is he too slow? Anyone know if he works with N'zoth? I know he goes back into your hand but technically he does "die".

But yeah, so far this expansion has been great. Actually haven't ran into as many Shamans as I expected. It's just been C'thun all day every day.

Owzers

Got N'zoth from my free packs. Having a blast with my slightly modified Deathrattle Rogue from the recipe list. In one game I pulled an Anub'arak from Journey Below and it did some serious work. Then I remembered I actually got him from a pack a while ago. Is he worth putting in or is he too slow? Anyone know if he works with N'zoth? I know he goes back into your hand but technically he does "die".

But yeah, so far this expansion has been great. Actually haven't ran into as many Shamans as I expected. It's just been C'thun all day every day.
He dies and it's disgusting.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Today I learned your noble sacrifice still gets called if played after freezing trap and survives because there's nothing to attack it.

Another weird spell interaction brought to you by Yogg.

Today I learned your noble sacrifice still gets called if played after freezing trap and survives because there's nothing to attack it.

Another weird spell interaction brought to you by Yogg.

it's like that the lothar vid where a minion survives after dying b/c repentance was put into play after snipe

Shaman is disgusting...and That's Incredible! (FUCK OFF THRALL)

And Murloc Paladin apparently a thing, but he only won cause he Divine Favored for 7 cards
salty.gif
Deck isn't that good otherwise.

If Blade Flurry wasn't nigh unplayable it would be so easy to clean up, well everything. Only times I really find myself losing is when the board gets out of control with 3+ health minions.

Considering making N'Zoth and Xaril to clean up the 2 rogue archetypes, but I wouldn't have enough for all the new supporting epics, only 1000ish dust would be left after 2 legendaries. Probably just gonna hold out and see how things shake up.

Also, yeah Sylvanas is a way better drop than Rafaam.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Honestly speaking Secret Paladin from Wild wouldn't even be that broken in Standard.

I'm a bit suprised at how much the arch type fell off. The only time I have seen Mysterious Challenger in my ~150 games of the expansion was when playing Renounce Darkness.

Think im settling into a nice tempo mage. I miss my funstable portals though.

Join the light and Renounce Darkness with me.

Also Demon Fire is so much better with Owl Nerfed. No one wants to waste a silence or hard removal on a 4/6 Imp Gang Boss or 3/5 Void Walker.

Bizazedo

N'zoth is fun. Made a hybrid Dragon / Deathrattle deck with N'zoth. Think I might need another heal or so, but golden N'zoth spawning all golden cards = love.

Apathy

I'm a bit suprised at how much the arch type fell off. The only time I have seen Mysterious Challenger in my ~150 games of the expansion was when playing Renounce Darkness.

Join the light and Renounce Darkness with me.

Also Demon Fire is so much better with Owl Nerfed. No one wants to waste a silence or hard removal on a 4/6 Imp Gang Boss or 3/5 Void Walker.

all because of avenge, +3/+2 for 1 is insane. Hell their new buff for one is +1/+2 and its good

Most C'Thun decks seem to be bad. I really only saw them at higher ranks. At ~5 and lower all I've really seen today is Zoo and Shaman. With a few other things like the Murloc Paladin sprinkled here and there.

Without much healing anymore though, aggressive decks are the name of the game.

The one C'Thun deck I did lose to was Druid which got two of those 4/10s on 7 with the coin, then taunted them with a Defender of Argus from Raven Idol -_- Conceded instantly.

Dahbomb

Most C'Thun decks seem to be bad. I really only saw them at higher ranks. At ~5 and lower all I've really seen today is Zoo and Shaman. With a few other things like the Murloc Paladin sprinkled here and there.

Only classes with access to a ton of heal are Priest and Paladin. Paladin actually has crazy amounts of heal now.

Shaman and Druids probably have next best heal and everyone else has non existent heals. Even Warrior is kinda lacking in the armor gain these days, only Bash and Shield Block give any reasonable amount of armor (minus the card that requires Cthun).

So all these other classes are forced into specfic archetypes thanks to Blizzard being stingy as hell on heals. You are pretty much forced to play a Reno deck to get your heal quota.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

The one C'Thun deck I did lose to was Druid which got two of those 4/10s on 7 with the coin, then taunted them with a Defender of Argus from Raven Idol -_- Conceded instantly.
I actually think C'thun decks need to start running Defender of Argus and taunts in general. It's not like Owl is around anymore. You can actually play taunts against aggro and have them do their job.

Not sure if it's enough though.

Papercuts

Yeah it actually should be. Come to think of it someone got one off a Murloc Knight against me today. Might've lost that game because of it...

I think I read it has something to do with them extending the quest to get the card until May. It'll likely stop showing up after that.

akinkcl

Neo Member
Yogg-Saron just won me a match i had no business winning against a C'thun warrior... he destroyed the two enemy minions, gave himself charge(and +5 attack), and gave me armour..heh..really enjoyed it. He really is a hail Mary card.

Papercuts

Speaking of which, how hard are those to get? I never bothered to go for it.

Not too bad, depends on your collection though. you get it when you have one copy of each murloc so I'd check and see if you're missing an epic or something.

The gold one is a lot harder though since some of the golden murlocs are tied to high class levels.

Top Bottom