• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

KuroNeeko

yea it was the list posted on competitivehs subreddit. It doesnt have cairne, but the list is here

http://imgur.com/psXKx26

zeta runs something similar

Looks fun! Was going to sac a bunch of stuff to try and craft Fandral, but will craft a second EtS instead! So little AoE and fewer uses for CoH, but more targeted removal with Shadow aspect...I'd be lying if I said I haven't been looking forward to ASP + Corrupted Healbot...

Thanks for the list!

Probably gonna feel weak after Nzoth Paladin, but at least it's Priest!

Looks fun! Was going to sac a bunch of stuff to try and craft Fandral, but will craft a second EtS instead! So little AoE and fewer uses for CoH, but more targeted removal with Shadow aspect...I'd be lying if I said I haven't been looking forward to ASP + Corrupted Healbot...

Thanks for the list!

The other control priest decks are zetas, he only has 1 EtS

http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/decks/zetalots-wotog-standard-control-priest/

and kolentos

https://manacrystals.com/decklists/420-kolento-s-n-zoth-priest

Zeta runs a bit more midrange version, where as kolento is full nzoth, but sadly no EtS

bjaelke

Thanks for the list!

Probably gonna feel weak after Nzoth Paladin, but at least it's Priest!

Throw in 1 copy of Forbidden Shaping and play it on turn 8. Now you're a Paladin.

Danj

A problem I've noticed with some of the C'Thun decks I've tried is that if you can't get your C'Thun out, they don't really have another way to finish off the opponent.

With that in mind I thought I'd have a go at trying to create a C'Thun deck with a backup plan.

This is my first attempt at seriously trying to create a deck, rather than just slapping something together for some silly quest requirement, so I'm sure it's awful. Please go easy on me (let's all just take the "you're an idiot, why would you put THAT in there?" as read and offer some constructive suggestions?)

21hf96S.jpg

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I would ask Brode if I could what the hell where they thinking with that card. It's broken as fuck
The Hearthstone dev team clearly values evolve much lower than the community currently does. It feels like they have valued it at 0 mana basically.

Had two times now where I frostbolted a twilight elder and then used arcane missiles to try to ping it down, only for all three missiles to miss. I would replace arcane missile with arcane blast, but I never opened one and I can't bear using 800 dust to craft two.

Had two times now where I frostbolted a twilight elder and then used arcane missiles to try to ping it down, only for all three missiles to miss. I would replace arcane missile with arcane blast, but I never opened one and I can't bear using 800 dust to craft two.
Ice Lance?

Shiver

This is my first attempt at seriously trying to create a deck, rather than just slapping something together for some silly quest requirement, so I'm sure it's awful. Please go easy on me (let's all just take the "you're an idiot, why would you put THAT in there?" as read and offer some constructive suggestions?)
If you're using two copies of missiles and mirror you should probably put in flamewaker? Maybe remove one flamestrike and one skeram cultist.

(Or just go full tempo and ditch all the cthun cards)

bjaelke

C'Thun Rogue is some of the most fun I've ever had with Hearthstone and I've been playing since beta. Whoever said the honeymoon was over should really try to revitalize the relationship by seeking out Brann, Shadowstep and Blade of C'Thun.

Warlockstone is a fun game....

edit: THATS IT, I'M FUCKING SPECCING EVERYTHING ANTI WARLOCK AGRO.

2nd edit: every time I do that though I run into c'thun druids and end up being screwed late game :/

C'Thun Rogue is some of the most fun I've ever had with Hearthstone and I've been playing since beta. Whoever said the honeymoon was over should really try to revitalize the relationship by seeking out Brann, Shadowstep and Blade of C'Thun.

Here is my current list. Taunts are essentially anti-hunter/shaman and I'm seeing a heap of face warrior.

2x Backstab
1x Prep
2x shadowstep
1x Sir Finley
2x Evis
2x Sap
2x Beckoner
1x Fan of Knives
1x Shadow Strike
1x Brann
2x Disciple of C'thun
1x Farseer
2x SI Agent
2x C'thun chosen
2x Crazed Worshipper
1x Sylvanas
1x Sprint
1x Twin Emperors
2x Blade of C'thun
1x C'thun

Anything you are doing different? Crazed Worshipper should read:

5 mana 3/6: Battlecry, turn red after being played while your opponent tries to work out what the fuck it is.

Pooya

Going against a freeze mage, I'm playing malyrogue, I played really well, there was no way I could lose, both iceblock gone and I was out of range of any burn he could possibly play.... he plays yogg saron. that goes ahead to buff itself then give itself charge for exact lethal.

Fuck you Ben Brode and this clown fiesta.

------------------------

This OGN thing is actually happening right now but it's wild format, lol.

Going against a freeze mage, I'm playing malyrogue, I played really well, there was no way I could lose, both iceblock gone and I was out of range of any burn he could possibly play.... he plays yogg saron. that goes ahead to buff itself then give itself charge for exact lethal.

Fuck you Ben Brode and this clown fiesta.

------------------------

This OGN thing is actually happening right now but it's wild format, lol.

I just had a mage drop that at 1 health. Every single spell was perfect for killing my minions, damaging me and buffing what he had on board. He also drew like 6 cards.

Then last spell was smite to own face.

Love it.

Pooya

he was at 1 life too but of course everything went his way. If I play this card I'm sure it will pyroblast me in the face three times. Some people are just unreal lucky.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I just saw a suuuuuper weird Yogg interaction on Sjow's stream. He had sylvanas up and the opponent's Yogg soulfired her and did arcane explosion which stole him. Then he casted sprint but Sjow actually drew the cards, the rest of the spells actually were being casted by him.

Pooya

I just saw a suuuuuper weird Yogg interaction on Sjow's stream. He had sylvanas up and the opponent's Yogg soulfired her and did arcane explosion which stole him. Then he casted sprint but Sjow actually drew the cards, the rest of the spells actually were being casted by him.

Well, I guess since it's yogg saron that is casting the spell whatever card it draws goes to side of the board he's on.

I am pretty convinced that Darkshire councilman with tentacles will see some sort of nerf. Easiest to see his health reduced 1 point to make him easier to kill.

Yogg's effect is weird in that the result of each of his spells are resolved in full (that is, the rest of the chain of events that might trigger after a spell is cast) before the next spell starts.

Leezard

Yogg's effect is weird in that the result of each of his spells are resolved in full (that is, the rest of the chain of events that might trigger after a spell is cast) before the next spell starts.

Not always. Healing Wave is apparently cast after all other spells because a Joust will happen last.

If you have 3 health and Yogg casts Healing Wave on your face and then Hellfire, you will die and Healing Wave will never actually heal you.

Why doesn't fatigue hurt health directly? How are you supposed to outlive a justicar'd warrior and it should be forbidden for the last card in your deck to be Lay on Hands, 8 for heal 2 is inappropriate

caesar

Banned
Wtf casters on ogn are saying when you use raven idol you look for a minion 90% of the time. Actually its the other way round...

Pooya

I'm pretty sure you still have to play double keeper in druid. It's your best board control tool, without it you can't really change the board state, all druid has going for it is mana and playing stuff on curve, when it falls behind it's so hard to come back, you need cards like keepers. Maybe in C'Thun decks you can only play one since you have the 2/1s that deal 2 damage, having access to two silence is still really valuable.

The nerf on the body makes it much worse against aggressive decks and it was the card that helped a lot in those games but elsewhere it's still really good. I think deck builders will come around to it after a while. It's like post nerfs, no one wants to touch any of those cards for some reason. I don't think lore is worth playing anymore but keeper is still doing what it used to do for the same mana cost.

I'm pretty sure you still have to play double keeper in druid. It's your best board control tool, without it you can't really change the board state, all druid has going for it is mana and playing stuff on curve, when it falls behind it's so hard to come back, you need cards like keepers. Maybe in C'Thun decks you can only play one since you have the 2/1s that deal 2 damage, having access to two silence is still really valuable.

The nerf on the body makes it much worse against aggressive decks and it was the card that helped a lot in those games but elsewhere it's still really good. I think deck builders will come around to it after a while. It's like post nerfs, no one wants to touch any of those cards for some reason. I don't think lore is worth playing anymore but keeper is still doing what it used to do for the same mana cost.

I agree. Without that, it'll really be the cycle of ramp druid. When people play it, people will counter with removal or other tools so it falls behind and can't keep up. So then people will stop playing this new deck and it'll start working again.

The good C'Thun decks will be like old Patron Warrior or Secret Paladin. They'll "something else" to kill you with C'thun just another win condition. Without combo, druid doesn't really have that.

JohnCYQ

A c'thun priest that goes face instead of trading against a hunter. Sorry dude, just because I have an obvious snake trap doesn't mean you should ignore my board, especially if I don't have a bow equipped.

Who knew turn 8 Call of the Wild while having a board would be game-winning, huh?

jgminto

I'm really enjoying Standard Patron, which is surprising. It seems a lot easier to actually keep your Patrons on board outside of a few match ups. I'm probably enjoying it more now than I have before, the new cards are so fun to use and they interact in interesting ways.

Top Bottom