• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Dahbomb

My random suggestions for Tavern Brawls that I thought off while on the toilet:

*Old Gods vs the Grand Tournament

You can either draft all Old Gods cards or all Grand Tournament cards.

*Evolution Complete

Minions evolve on the board one turn by 1 mana then de-evolve the next turn (also by one). Cycle continues on.

*Clone Wars

Make a deck of 10 cards. You now have 2 additional copies of those cards in your deck (Legendaries included).

*Lightlord vs Ragnaros

Pre-made deck where one character is Lightlord and one is Ragnaros. Ragnaros is more aggressive, burn centric where as Lightlord is more control, heal centric.

*Anything Will Happen

Choose a class... you can pick ANY cards from the collection including cards from other classes. However, you must pick 10 cards from Classic, 10 from TGT and 10 from Old Gods (so even split).

Extra:

*Reversing Switch

Build a deck as normal. At the start of the game, half of the deck at random is swapped with your opponent's.

*Mass Confusion

Attack and Health value of minions are swapped permanently.

*Last Man Standing

Your hero is immune as long as you have at least one minion in play. At the beginning of each turn, all minions are silenced.

*Capture the Flag

Flag is a 0/5 minion spawned on random. Immune to spells and minion effects. Effect: Your hero is immune. Deathrattle: Spawn a Flag for your opponent.

Both players start with a flag.

*Power Overwhelming

All cards have their numbers increased by one.

Ex: Flamestrike costs 8 mana and deals 5 damage.
Flamewreathe: Costs 5 mana is a 8/8 and overloads for 3.
Big Game Hunter: Costs 6 mana, is a 6/3 and kills minions which are 8 attack or higher.

You are playing Shaman right?

You want to save your two Hexes for Sylvanas and Tirion.

You want a copy of Bloodust in there. Just keep pressuring and eventually there will be a turn or two where the Paladin isn't going to be able to clear your totems/minions and that's when you hit them with the Bloodlust for 20+ damage.

You have to mainly worry about the two Equalities, once they use both of those then that's when you put the maximum pressure on.

That's the problem. I do hex both of those and end up holding bloodlust in my hand with an empty board lol. On top of that some of these control Paladins are holding fat minions for late game that your exhausted hand and board just can't deal with. Like Lightlord for instance. I guess if they are lucky enough to top deck doomsayers, Wild pyromancer, both equalities, consecrations, and there their attack reducers then I deserve to lose. Problem is nearly every person I play seemingly has the dream top deck. Lol. It is awesome though when you get a game and you realize your opponent is praying they draw the correct card....and can't. Or your opponent has 20 health and sees your board as a non factor and you bloodlust them.

I do need to learn how to better bait the equalities though. Maybe the better start is to legitimately let the game get up there in turns and hold most of my cards in my hand. I have been playing mine mostly only to seem them extinguished.

I am about to destroy my fucking monitor, this is beyond stupid.

fuck RNG, I had a game won but nope, out of rng spider the thing they perfectly needed. 4 games back to back the same bullshit. What do I get to work with, oh river crocs and raptors,fuck this game

I'm going back to overwatch, at lest there skill maters for something
Then maybe don't play the mode that is completely RNG? It's just one pack of Classic cards for winning.

Is this constructed or arena?
If that was Arena, Mage would be so much higher. Seriously, Mages can suck it in Arena.

Dahbomb

This Lifecoach power analysis makes no sense to me.

"I don't think Entomb is good/worth rating"

Well I guess I am not watching that anymore lol.

Kibler went in on Entomb on stream yesterday as well. Basically said both it and the card you get can end up dead draws a lot of the time.

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. Sometimes I'd rather have Shadow Word Death, sometimes Entomb. SWD wrecks anything that isn't a deathrattle, and there are less big things with deathrattle around. It also costs half of what Entomb does. By the time you can play one, getting rid of one thing might not make a difference. Sort of how Holy Nova is worse than Consecration if you are behind. But Entomb can win you the game if your opponent plays a big thing with a good battlecry when things are relatively even, or the dream of Tirion or something similar. It's definitely less good with the immortal Dr. Balance gone from standard.

Dahbomb

That tournament last week with the two Priests in top 4 all had double Entombs. I have not see a Priest deck in recent times not run Entomb.

Entomb is crazy crazy good in a non hype aggressive meta. You could argue that we are in a hyper aggressive meta right now but there are enough slow decks around. Even with Secret Paladin and sticky Zoo in Wild,Entomb was seeing a lot of play.

A ton Priest cards are dead draws. Draw circle of healing with no Auchenai? Dead draw. Shadow Death against Zoo? Dead draw. Holy Nova against midrange sized minions? Dead draws. Cabal with no 2 attack minions in play? Dead draw. That's the nature of the control game play specifically Priest which has so many conditional removal. Fact of the matter is Entomb is the least conditional tool Priest has gotten to date.

JesseZao

That tournament last week with the two Priests in top 4 all had double Entombs. I have not see a Priest deck in recent times not run Entomb.

Entomb is crazy crazy good in a non hype aggressive meta. You could argue that we are in a hyper aggressive meta right now but there are enough slow decks around. Even with Secret Paladin and sticky Zoo in Wild,Entomb was seeing a lot of play.

A ton Priest cards are dead draws. Draw circle of healing with no Auchenai? Dead draw. Shadow Death against Zoo? Dead draw. Holy Nova against midrange sized minions? Dead draws. Cabal with no 2 attack minions in play? Dead draw. That's the nature of the control game play specifically Priest which has so many conditional removal. Fact of the matter is Entomb is the least conditional tool Priest has gotten to date.

And Recycle patiently waits for the Pit Lord meta.

Pooya

hearthstone is popular I guess.

• Blizzard had the biggest Q1 online player community in its history, with MAUsA of 26 million, up 23% year-over-year, reflecting strong engagement with the broader portfolio. Hearthstone®: Heroes of Warcraft™ surpassed the 50 million registered player milestone.

• Blizzard's Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft delivered 20% non-GAAP revenue growth, compared to the prior-year quarter.

• On April 26, 2016, Blizzard released the third expansion for Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, Whispers of the Old Gods™, which has 134 new collectible cards. Following the launch of the expansion, the game reached a record number of daily active users and hours per daily active user.

Dart

C'thun buff cards should have the C'thun animation whether or not you actually run c'thun in your deck.

This has happened to me a few times but can't 100% confirm, say you thoughtsteal/shifting shade a twilight elder and it lives for 2 turns. The C'thun animation doesn't happen but if you entomb your opponent's C'thun it receives the previous buffs from twilight elder making it a 8/8 instead of a 6/6

Savjz got to live the Sandworm dream
I also got to live that dream, thanks to Ram Wrangler. I have gotten him a few times from Tomb Spider as well.

I am about to destroy my fucking monitor, this is beyond stupid.

fuck RNG, I had a game won but nope, out of rng spider the thing they perfectly needed. 4 games back to back the same bullshit. What do I get to work with, oh river crocs and raptors,fuck this game

I'm going back to overwatch, at lest there skill maters for something
I wonder if there's someone excited about these matches, somewhere. I am SO grateful that RNG lets me win on the first try pretty much every week so I don't have to play again.

Levi

Banned
Hey guys, is it advised to spend my gold on classic packs still or should I get from the new expansion also?

Depends on what you need. If your classic collection is very small than you should probably get those first. However, Old Gods packs can get you a bunch of C'thun synergy cards you can slot into a bunch of different C'thun focused decks. So it's up to you.

I wonder if there's someone excited about these matches, somewhere. I am SO grateful that RNG lets me win on the first try pretty much every week so I don't have to play again.

Yeah these Idol/Spider/etc brawls are random and incredibly slow so I can't even use them to do quests so you just hope you get lucky first try so you don't have to play another garbage match.

The idol match was still kind of fun though since there was strategy involved in when to go for minions, what kind of minions you want to go for, when to go for spells and when to just play a minion instead of constantly discovering. The Spider Brawl is just bad.

Tarazet

Playing Patron Warrior in Wild. I'm facing a Mage, he plays a Mad Scientist, which I kill with my axe, followed by a Secret out of hand. I play Unstable Ghoul, Mirror Entity.. I coin out an Armorsmith and kill it, +2 armor and the Ghoul gets duplicated in his hand. Mage concedes instantly.

Khezu

Haven't played this since before nax came out, and only really lightly touched it, playing around with a lock.

Figured I should try and get it another go, I know it's probably something I would really like if I invested time into it.

I bought the explorer's adventure thing, speaking of that, can I not buy nax anymore?
I also bought 15 of the whispers booster packs. I forgot how fun it is to open booster packs, even fake digital ones.

Not sure what cards are good or not, not even sure what class I want to play.
Probably Paladin because I like the Belf pally hero, and I got an animated pally card, and Ragnaros who is now a paladin for some reason?

Anyway, how is the mobile version of this game? Played like 2 matches with it, ran smooth, does it have any downsides?

IvorB

Depends on what you need. If your classic collection is very small than you should probably get those first. However, Old Gods packs can get you a bunch of C'thun synergy cards you can slot into a bunch of different C'thun focused decks. So it's up to you.

I just need more good cards; I've only just started playing. That C'thun sh*t is super annoying so I don't think I'm going to get involved with that. Though the free packs I got for launch actually had some really useful cards in them.

fertygo

What kind of deck you guys are playing to get screwed from Call of Wild? from what I experience that card does nothing to midrange Shaman, or any control class. Seem heavy scenario is they used while highmane remain still alive and you just destroyed

Schnauzer

Considering Sylvanus is still the card I fear most with dragon/c'thun priest, entomb is the perfect answer every time.

Considering Sylvanus is still the card I fear most with dragon/c'thun priest, entomb is the perfect answer every time.
The two cards that scare me the most in this game are Sylvannas and Ragnaros. Both of them can pretty much decide the game if they are played at the right time.

Tirion just pisses me off, he doesn't scare me. There's no "wrong time" to play Tirion.

gee, my last hearthstone opponent sent me a friend request
should I accept?
I have been getting a lot of those lately, but only when I play Control Priest. Which is funny, because I have something like a 30% win rate with that deck, but no one gets salty about my ~75% win rate with Hunter.

Schnauzer

The two cards that scare me the most in this game are Sylvannas and Ragnaros. Both of them can pretty much decide the game if they are played at the right time.

Tirion just pisses me off, he doesn't scare me. There's no "wrong time" to play Tirion.

The weird thing about his analysis is that it was a good card before, but now that silences are more expensive it's a bad card?

I don't understand. It bypasses the need to silence, making it stronger than before.

Dahbomb

Playing a Tirion before you have see two Entombs against a Priest is game losing.

Levi

Banned
I just need more good cards; I've only just started playing. That C'thun sh*t is super annoying so I don't think I'm going to get involved with that. Though the free packs I got for launch actually had some really useful cards in them.

If I was you I'd get two Classic Packs for every Old Gods pack until you feel you have a decent Classic Collection and then I'd focus on Old Gods.

C'thun buff cards should have the C'thun animation whether or not you actually run c'thun in your deck.

This has happened to me a few times but can't 100% confirm, say you thoughtsteal/shifting shade a twilight elder and it lives for 2 turns. The C'thun animation doesn't happen but if you entomb your opponent's C'thun it receives the previous buffs from twilight elder making it a 8/8 instead of a 6/6

the cthun buff is tied to the player not cthun itself so that's why it came out as an 8/8 for you.

Top Bottom