• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone tried out wild yet?

I'm still trying to think of a good wild deck to try out.

N'Zoth Rogue is the most fun I've ever had playing ranked in this game. So many resources, decisions and tempo swings. The mirror match is especially crazy, hectic and back and forth.

KuroNeeko

Kibler went in on Entomb on stream yesterday as well. Basically said both it and the card you get can end up dead draws a lot of the time.

Except when it isn't a dead draw, right? With Nzoth (especially Pally), you can nullify a lot of that deck's power by Entombing Syl an Tirion. SW:D just isn't enough.

(Yeah, agreeing with what you said.)

Inversive

cancer shaman emotes all match and i'm silent and then loses to my heh, greetings, so satisfying. kept thinking thinking he'd won but thankfully kept drawing my armour cards, Brann and old gods shieldmaiden does work :D

Dahbomb

Yeah I am thinking Nzoth Paladin with Belchers would be pretty good in Wild.

Though you probably don't want too many Deathrattles in that deck because it would interfere with spawning Tirion and Sylvanas on the board.

Maybe Deathrattle Hunter has reached its final form in Wild and so has flood Zoo.

Owzers

Finally lived an arena combo dream, though i passed up two cards that work with beasts despite ending up with 4 or 5 beasts ( i didn't know!), i managed to get a whispers of the gods seven wisps up with a clear board, then mukla's champion next turn. The world is mine!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yeah I am thinking Nzoth Paladin with Belchers would be pretty good in Wild.

Though you probably don't want too many Deathrattles in that deck because it would interfere with spawning Tirion and Sylvanas on the board.

Maybe Deathrattle Hunter has reached its final form in Wild and so has flood Zoo.

Creeper would be stupid as hell with councilman. Pop it on your turn for an immediate +2 attack.

Dahbomb

Creeper would be stupid as hell with councilman. Pop it on your turn for an immediate +2 attack.
Turn 2 Haunted Creeper.

Turn 3 Play Councilman, pop Creeper to get a 3/5 on board and two 1/1s.

Turn 4 Play Implosion, hit for 4, get 4 additional 1/1s on the board a 7/5 that hits face.

maxresdefault.jpg

Owzers

9 wins in arena, 240 dust and an old gods pack. Pack was 40 dust. There's no way i'm not buying 3 more packs with that gold and the 110 i had before. Molten Giant, Keeper of the Grove, and a Crazed Worshiper i didn't have and was going to craft. Never give up on packs, the 40 dust first pack is just to keep you down.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Turn 2 Haunted Creeper.

Turn 3 Play Councilman, pop Creeper to get a 3/5 on board and two 1/1s.

Turn 4 Play Implosion, hit for 4, get 4 additional 1/1s on the board a 7/5 that hits face.

maxresdefault.jpg

Lived that dream but with tenticals instead of implosion.

Not quite so great when facing coin minibot, minibot, muster for battle.

Finally cracked 14. Having a lot of fun playing C'thun Shaman. Put together a deck that i am sure has holes in it, but still fun. It's especially great when I can evolve two 7 emperors to 8 mana minions. Also it is brutal how much taunt you can have on the board at times. Feral Spirit, defender of argus, thing from below, and of course the twin emperors. Occasionally I get Brann to survive into turn 7 and get 3 emperors.

My only problem has been I am exhausting my hand too early at times, and am getting no draw options. Any solutions for that? I do run on azure drake and ancestral knowledge, but I feel my opponents are getting no draw cards but still have a healthy hand.

Should I be tapping hero power more often in the early game since I am built more for the middle and end?

This guy just used Humility twice on a Scavenging Hyena...I don't think he understood how the card worked, because I still got it up to 7/11 and went face on both turns.

Dumbest play I've made: opponent is playing Control Priest and has 1 card left to draw. He drops Sylvannas. I play Highmane and then kill her... -_-

interesting that hearthstone adapted cycling as the slang when there was already cantrip from mtg and cycling. Yet cycling is the less appropriate to take over.
Hmm? I use cycle from my MtG days.

This card was a staple in my main deck:

Or is that what you mean? Your phrasing is a bit confusing.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Can I call Beast Druid potentially a top deck? I've streaked from 16 to 11 (and of course a lot more games than that) and I've gotten just an amazing amount of sub-turn 7 kills. I've also stabilized to kill other decks after I've overextended by just using the other options in the Choose One cards.
Some example of crazy power plays.
Turn 2 5/4 Druid of the Saber.
Turn 2 2 2/2's.
Turn 5 Savage Roar for 16 damage.
Turn 6 Do 4 damage and draw a card.

Has Druid really changed from bursting your opponent down in this case? I regularly get off 12+ damage on Turn 4 and then just cycle cards fishing for reach. By the time my opponent gets a taunt off, I just reach around it and Swipe face. Of course, a lot of this has to be just because it's not that popular. Probably less popular than Pirate Warrior. I bet you could make a Stealth based version of this deck too. Jungle Panthers, Stranglethorn Tigers, etc. Mark of Y'Saaraj has basically single-handily enabled this deck. +2/2 and card cycle to keep the pressure on? Freaking insanity.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
He means "cycle" is a mechanic whereby you discard a card to draw a card, and it could appear on any card but originally it didn't do anything other than draw.

The "traditional" term for a card that does something then draws another card is "cantrip".

It is pretty interesting how "cantrip" never made it into Hearthstone lexicon, but I think it's also fallen out of favor as a term in MtG.

Dahbomb

Dumbest play I've made: opponent is playing Control Priest and has 1 card left to draw. He drops Sylvannas. I play Highmane and then kill her... -_-
Unless there were other minions on the board or Blizzard has changed yet another rule in their game... that wasn't a terrible play. Since Sylvanas was played first, her Deathrattle would trigger first and after the Hyena are spawned so she wouldn't actually steal anything.

Now if you have had played Highmane first then the Priest played Sylvanas, then yeah that would've been a bad play because she would've stolen a Hyena in that instance.

Anyone have any advice on what cards to put into this Rogue deck to flesh it out into a decent deck, considering I don't really have access to any good legendaries like Sylvanas or VanCleef? These are basically a collection of some of my favorite cards I wanna use, been trying to build an okay deck around 'em.

Journey Below x2
Jeweled Scarab x2
Undercity Huckster x2
Brann x1
Unearthed Raptor x2
Tomb Pillager x2
Xaril x1
Shadowcaster x2

I have 16 cards left to choose, there's some cards that seem like no brainer good rogue cards like Evis or SI7 Agent to add, but I'm willing to hear ideas.

Hmm? I use cycle from my MtG days.

This card was a staple in my main deck:

Or is that what you mean? Your phrasing is a bit confusing.

Well cycle does something different than cantrip does and in the context of hearthstone cycling is used like cantrip is used in mtg.
Cantrip is the "Draw a Card" text in addition to the rest of the card, cycling is discard it to draw a card instead of using the card.

Unless there were other minions on the board or Blizzard has changed yet another rule in their game... that wasn't a terrible play. Since Sylvanas was played first, her Deathrattle would trigger first and after the Hyena are spawned so she wouldn't actually steal anything.

Now if you have had played Highmane first then the Priest played Sylvanas, then yeah that would've been a bad play because she would've stolen a Hyena in that instance.
Nah, you misunderstand me. I have Gladiator's Longbow, I play Highmane, and I kill Sylvannas with the bow, giving him the Highmane.

Well cycle does something different than cantrip does and in the context of hearthstone cycling is used like cantrip is used in mtg.
Cantrip is the "Draw a Card" text in addition to the rest of the card, cycling is discard it to draw a card instead of using the card.
Oh, I always said Cycle for both in MtG.

Zoggy

had to do a priest quest today...

fuck thaaaaat.

man the loss of lightbomb sucks. how the hell do you boardclear now?

Dahbomb

fuck thaaaaat.

You click on the top of the where it says Standard to make it change to Wild.

Otherwise you have to rely on Auchenai circle clears, Excavated Evils and Wild Pyromancers.

Tarazet

Anyone have any advice on what cards to put into this Rogue deck to flesh it out into a decent deck, considering I don't really have access to any good legendaries like Sylvanas or VanCleef? These are basically a collection of some of my favorite cards I wanna use, been trying to build an okay deck around 'em.

Journey Below x2
Jeweled Scarab x2
Undercity Huckster x2
Brann x1
Unearthed Raptor x2
Tomb Pillager x2
Xaril x1
Shadowcaster x2

I have 16 cards left to choose, there's some cards that seem like no brainer good rogue cards like Evis or SI7 Agent to add, but I'm willing to hear ideas.

Backstab x2
Deadly Poison x2
Eviscerate x2
Loot Hoarder x2
Huge Toad x2
Fan of Knives x2
Harvest Golem x2
SI:7 Agent x2

Cut Brann, no real synergy with the deck.. toss in an Infested Tauren. Should work as a fast Deathrattle list, and not having N'Zoth shouldn't be much of a handicap if you just curve low and don't give them a chance to recover. You could also drop the Shadowcasters for 2 Saps, you don't have any super amazing targets for them.

Backstab x2
Deadly Poison x2
Eviscerate x2
Loot Hoarder x2
Huge Toad x2
Fan of Knives x2
Harvest Golem x2
SI:7 Agent x2

Cut Brann, no real synergy with the deck.. toss in an Infested Tauren. Should work as a fast Deathrattle list, and not having N'Zoth shouldn't be much of a handicap if you just curve low and don't give them a chance to recover. You could also drop the Shadowcasters for 2 Saps, you don't have any super amazing targets for them.

Thanks! I'll try it out. I really like Shadowcasters a lot but it's hard to find good targets for 'em when you don't have good legendaries to copy.

EDIT: If you shadowstep an Antonidas, do you get a fireball?

Dart

fuck thaaaaat.

x2 SW:D
x2 Wild Pyromancer
x2 Entomb
x1 SW:p
x1 Excavated Evil
x1 Holy Nova
x2 Circle of Healing + Auchenai Soul Priest

Bonus: x1 Embrace the Shadows for reliability

.... wow

Lyng

I hate loosing to priest. Granted it almost never happens, but man I hate it.
Having your shit stolen all the time just isnt fun.
Control priest and Freeze mage are anti fun

Top Bottom