• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

i'm really worried that nothing comes out of standard mode besides zoo/shaman, miracle but it loses to zoo/shaman, and then really boring control stuff like cthun priest/deathratlle paladin that depends on aggro getting a shitty starting hand.

What's people's take on C'Thun Shaman? Is that considered scrubby? I am not a fan of aggro decks, and have ran a personal cthun shaman to rank 14. I have only seen one other cthun shaman, but wondered if every shaman deck is looked at with disdain or just aggro shaman.

Dart

Shadow word: Horror is a completely useless card, it's too conditional to ever see play... unless they add a card that changes minion attack to 2 in future expansions

Levi

Banned
What's people's take on C'Thun Shaman? Is that considered scrubby? I am not a fan of aggro decks, and have ran a personal cthun shaman to rank 14. I have only seen one other cthun shaman, but wondered if every shaman deck is looked at with disdain or just aggro shaman.

I think C'thun Shaman is fine, however Druid, Warrior and Reno Warlock seem to be the strongest C'thun classes so far.

I think C'thun Shaman is fine, however Druid, Warrior and Reno Warlock seem to be the strongest C'thun classes so far.

I have fun with cthun Druid. I just don't like the removal options of Druid. but holy taunt batman. Lol

Shaman C'thun is just more exciting to play as it seems like there are several win conditions. Shaman has great board fill and burst with bloodlust and taunt options and of course lightning storm is way better than swipe. Add to that I run a single evolve spell to refresh the board.

At times C'Thun feels more like a psyche out as people tend to hold a removal in hand expecting Cthun

fuzzyset

Omg, I'm watching Forsen on Twitch for the first time. The dragging-the-mouse-over-cards thing is unbelievably annoying. I usually watch Trump or Kolento and I don't think they do it; at least not compulsively like Forsen.

Owzers

Omg, I'm watching Forsen on Twitch for the first time. The dragging-the-mouse-over-cards thing is unbelievably annoying. I usually watch Trump or Kolento and I don't think they do it; at least not compulsively like Forsen.

People who constantly click the minimize button during Discover card sections.....stop it!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Kibler constantly spazzes out on the board and clicks everything at all times. I've seen him almost end his turn without doing anything because of it more than once, lol.

Tarazet

i'm really worried that nothing comes out of standard mode besides zoo/shaman, miracle but it loses to zoo/shaman, and then really boring control stuff like cthun priest/deathratlle paladin that depends on aggro getting a shitty starting hand.

I've been having fun with neo-Backspace Rogue with Bladed Cultist. It's totally anti-meta, everyone will get their mulligans wrong against you.. and super tactical.

Cat Party

Dude at the Dreamhack tournament just beat a freeze mage and miracle rogue with summoning stone druid. Kibler and Noxious nearly died. Yogg-Saron is in the deck but did not make an appearance.

Frenden

Banned
Dude at the Dreamhack tournament just beat a freeze mage and miracle rogue with summoning stone druid. Kibler and Noxious nearly died. Yogg-Saron is in the deck but did not make an appearance.

Oh man, I just turned it off you watch Giant Bomb. That sounds awesome. What was the construction of the deck like?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
All I seem to be running into right now is counter-zoo lists.

Is there a preferred Zoo list on this note? Everyone seems to be getting run over by it and normally Zoo goes really well for me, but whatever I'm using right now isn't working very well.

Am I supposed to play it like a face deck these days?

Finally got my Brawl pack after losing something stupid like 10 in a row.

TvIi4XI.jpg

At least I got a shiny one for my effort...

Arena is really easy right now compared to before the expansion. It's a good time to get packs/gold since it seems like newer arena players are hopping back in. Just make sure you don't pick Hunter or Priest.

All I seem to be running into right now is counter-zoo lists.

Is there a preferred Zoo list on this note? Everyone seems to be getting run over by it and normally Zoo goes really well for me, but whatever I'm using right now isn't working very well.

Am I supposed to play it like a face deck these days?

Do you have dark councilman and tentacles? That 1/1 that death rattles to a 5/5 is annoying to deal with as well. Basically they are running death rattles that keep minions on board and cheap divine shield for the same reasons.

But yea most of the Zoolock I am facing are playing aggro and attacking face. I also have the worst luck against them. Like I can't pull taunts or or board clears and they are getting everything.

fertygo

Is reynad still want to play this game, he played terribly lol
Arena is really easy right now compared to before the expansion. It's a good time to get packs/gold since it seems like newer arena players are hopping back in. Just make sure you don't pick Hunter or Priest.

Lucky you, I swear this is the most bullshit Arena ever been and many streamer agree.

Peléo

any idea of koyuki's paladin list?

From head, I can kind visualize what he was going for:

2x Divine Strenght
2x Selfless Hero
2x Abusive Sargent
2x Argent Squire

2x Equality
2x Twisted Worgen
2x Bilefin Tidehunter
2x Argent Protector
2x Knife Juggle

2x Steward of Darkshire
2x Rallyng Blade
2x Divine Favour

2x Wolfrider

2x Consecration

My guess is something like this. Not sure about some of the cards, but the bolded is probably the core of the deck.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Do you have dark councilman and tentacles? That 1/1 that death rattles to a 5/5 is annoying to deal with as well. Basically they are running death rattles that keep minions on board and cheap divine shield for the same reasons.

But yea most of the Zoolock I am facing are playing aggro and attacking face. I also have the worst luck against them. Like I can't pull taunts or or board clears and they are getting everything.

I'm probably trading too much these days like back in the Demonzoo era. Thanks.

Peléo

squidyj

Peléo;202842007 said:
You are completely right. Sorry for the misinformation.

my guess is he started with a bunch of tokens and stuff and found that relying on things being on board next turn and playing tons of cards in a turn didn't work out very well.

inky

These constructed Shamans with Totem Golem into Flamewreather into everything else in arena are killing me. 3 times!

Ugh.

JohnCYQ

Cthun shaman provides great synergy with the evolve cards imo. 3mana 2/1 into a 4 drop with master of evolution on curve, or turn 8 twin emperor into evolve for x2 8 drops.

Top Bottom