• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Levi

Banned
Is it time to call N'zoth Control Paladin Wallet Paladin? Lol.

I was on a win streak and then accidentally queued into ranked with a 30 spell mage deck I made for a quest. Oops.

Levi

Banned
Tempo storm meta snapshot looking pretty silly with all these pro players bringing Tempo Warrior to dreamhack and they don't even bother including it in their rankings.

Ikkarus

So in my last 5 packs I opened Hallazeal and Herald Volazj.
They're considered thrash right? As I've never seen someone on ladder or a streamer play them I guess they'll rot in my collection until new cards come out and make them viable.
With Volazj I found he works well in a N'Zoth deck. If you have twilight summoner or another death rattle minion out he'll squeeze out some value for you.

Still need so much dust for N'Zoth Paladin. Have to craft classic Ragnaros, Indie and Eadric

the last two aren't really needed to run Nzoth paladin. I'm running kolento's version and it doesnt have those two in the list. I also think Jones and Eadric are pretty slow anyways so they dont really merit a slot

Are Frodan and Noxious so small, are they sitting or is the guy in the middle just tall?

yes they are tiny

the last two aren't really needed to run Nzoth paladin. I'm running kolento's version and it doesnt have those two in the list. I also think Jones and Eadric are pretty slow anyways so they dont really merit a slot

Eadric actually seems decent at times, I often wallow the lack of board presence that lets my opponent hold up removal for when I play Rag. So Eadric instead of wiping the board and putting a sizeable body on board a turn before you can drop any of the 8 drops sounds enticing.

But Rag is definitely highest on the list.

Dahbomb

Tempo storm meta snapshot looking pretty silly with all these pro players bringing Tempo Warrior to dreamhack and they don't even bother including it in their rankings.
Well Tempo Warrior is generally considered about the same as Grim Patron Warrior, Grim Patron being the tech option. So they probably rate it at around tier 2 as well.

Tacitus_

I feel I do, Harrison probably the least but Classic Rag feels direly needed against a bunch of control decks.

You sure? I subbed in ooze for Harrison but other than doomsayers and card draw polluting my hand by fatigue, never thought I needed more threats. Sylvanas, Cairne, Tirion and Heal-Rag provide plenty enough threats. Not to mention three of those come back with N'zoth.

If anything, I'd put in Elise to turn those anti aggro cards to potentially useful stuff.

E: nvm, DH mixed up the player cams, :lol

You sure? I subbed in ooze for Harrison but other than doomsayers and card draw polluting my hand by fatigue, never thought I needed more threats. Sylvanas, Cairne, Tirion and Heal-Rag provide plenty enough threats. Not to mention three of those come back with N'zoth.

If anything, I'd put in Elise to turn those anti aggro cards to potentially useful stuff.

Can't craft elise but she's also a good consideration. Very often I'd go against control warrior and run out my deathrattles to bait removal and set up N'Zoth but unless I get them to play out Brawl N'Zoth won't do anything so I can either play it out till I lose to fatigue or play like they don't have it.

Tacitus_

Can't craft elise but she's also a good consideration. Very often I'd go against control warrior and run out my deathrattles to bait removal and set up N'Zoth but unless I get them to play out Brawl N'Zoth won't do anything so I can either play it out till I lose to fatigue or play like they don't have it.

Warriors are easy if you don't draw abysmally. Just keep on pushing that hero power. Ain't nothing better than them brawling a board with maybe 2 minions and a bunch of recruits. Or keep Rag til fatigue and laugh as you get healed for 8 every turn while he's out of cards.

FeD.nL

How good is Renounce Darkness in arena?

YY6DsYB.jpg

Turns out it can be pretty good. Served the paladin right for the stupid divine strength stuff he pulled.

Warriors are easy if you don't draw abysmally. Just keep on pushing that hero power. Ain't nothing better than them brawling a board with maybe 2 minions and a bunch of recruits. Or keep Rag til fatigue and laugh as you get healed for 8 every turn while he's out of cards.

I usually draw every bit of board removal I have against no pressure of my opponent, yet the late game at least w/o elise goes to warrior imo. Justicar is a heck of card innit.

Tacitus_

I usually draw every bit of board removal I have against no pressure of my opponent, yet the late game at least w/o elise goes to warrior imo. Justicar is a heck of card innit.

Eh, I won a game vs warrior who had 70+ life when fatigue started for him. I still had a card or two in my deck and still had removal. At that point it was just pushing the button and looking as he dies slowly.

Playing brawl. Opponent has a Malorne on the board. Without attacking once with it, he plays that new Hunter legendary to triggle the deathrattle. Um congrats on basically sapping your own card? lol

manhack

Can I just get to Rank 10 already PLEASE? Assholes on ladder all playing netdeck aggro bullshit. It's pre-WoToG all over again with this shit.

Yeah ladder is super competitive right now. Been struggling at Rank 11 and actually seeing some familiar faces on the ladder. Gonna keep grinding, but should get a lot better next week.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So many net deck pieces of shits hammering the crap out of tempo storm to see which deck they need to play in order to rank up from 25 to 19.

Site is broken; but not as broken as this game along with all it's previous expansion packs.

Oh and before someone goes back and quotes me, let me do your job:
Best fucking expansion ever
I was wrong.

So many net deck pieces of shits hammering the crap out of tempo storm to see which deck they need to play in order to rank up from 25 to 19.

Site is broken; but not as broken as this game along with all it's previous expansion packs.

I was wrong.
At least you figured it out faster than you did for DMC2. ;-D

manhack

I was wrong.

The honeymoon is over. Still lots of fun to be had in the game, but it is a little depressing seeing the same 3 decks over an over again.

The honeymoon is over. Still lots of fun to be had in the game, but it is a little depressing seeing the same 3 decks over an over again.
I'm honestly not enjoying myself. The expansion is even less enjoyable than I thought it would be. It seems the only way Blizzard can design high-end cards is to say "Disregard all of your earlier mistakes in the game and win!"

Dahbomb

I was wrong.

See you when the next expansion comes I guess.

manhack

I'm honestly not enjoying myself. The expansion is even less enjoyable than I thought it would be. It seems the only way Blizzard can design high-end cards is to say "Disregard all of your earlier mistakes in the game and win!"

I guess it depends on how you play the game, choose your decks and what you expect out of the ladder climb, etc.

For example I just hit Rank 10, which is nothing amazing, but my decks have been:

Yogg Saron Demented Frostcaller Mage,

C'thun Rogue,

N'zoth, Yogg-Saron Rogue,

Secret Paladin (for real),

and

Discard Warlock (fist of Jaraxxus, Darkshire Librarian, Wrathguard and Tiny Knight of Evil

Looking at the stats, there are an overwhelming number of shamans; anywhere from 50% to 30% of my opponents. Then we have warlock, rogue and warrior.

So I would say the real issue, as it has always been, people look online and pick out the best net decks and push the ladder because it rewards winning over all else. Then you end up fighting these decks over and over again and it can be a bit of a burnout.

Meanwhile, it is also hard to "break the meta" because most of the decks follow a "rock, paper, scissor" pattern. so even if you pick Scissors because you keep running up against Paper on the ladder, there is no guarantee you wont run into all the other Scissor players and the occasional Rock to piss you off.

I think this is easily the best expansion to Hearthstone and I had a lot of fun playing it.

But standard was always going to be complete garbage. Fewer options plus a netdecking community equals awful very quickly.

To arena!

Strider

For me... TGT > Old Gods > GvG

I really don't care what the meta is or what everyone else is playing. For me the fun that comes from an expansion comes from how enjoyable I find the new cards or new deck archetypes that arise from the new expansion.

TGT had some interesting cards, some new mechanics to play around with and most importantly made Dragons viable lol

GvG had a lot of powerful cards but nothing exciting really (except Blingtron which I love). The only new decks that came from that where plugging the same neutral mechs in every class and calling that "Mech (insert class here)." Lame.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Original Patron > Original Miracle > Renolock > Aggro Shaman > Mech Mage > Deathrattle Hunter

Top Bottom