• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Neither Golden portrait nor alt hero nor Legendary card back nor LoE Heroic cardback means a damn thing.

I agree but I get anxious anyways, lol.

I have all the Heroic card backs for the Adventures, that was a relief to get done. Even with netdecking it was a lot of trial and error to finish all of them.

Tarazet

Went on the worst tilt I've had in ages. 6 straight blowout losses where I couldn't even get a toehold. I also had the worst morning I've ever had in arena, so it's probably just Blizzard's massive middle finger again.

Pressure goes in reverse too it seems.

scarlet

My stress level increasing if I'm seeing golden potrait and fancy card back

+ golden cards

As a new player this is terrifying

I had this guy where all of his cards are golden, golden portrait and fancy card back

and I was like, okay, I'm gonna lose this ranked play under a minute then

squidyj

all these people want to be my friend after I crush them with aggro paladin,

I'M FINALLY POPULAR =D
This one dude friends requested me 3 whole times!

Golden portraits do give me a little bit of anxiety but I've beaten enough of them to realize it doesn't mean anything.

Not so. Golden portrait means that there is around a 92% chance that you are facing an aggro deck, especially if it is paladin or hunter. This is significantly above the regular 91% chance.

There's always this guy!

Kidnapper.gif

Would be a lot cooler if the card was cheaper. Granted, Shadow Caster is pretty much what Kidnapper was trying to be anyway.

Dahbomb

So glad I crafted him. I wish I could be as glad about Alex and Antonidas. :(
Freeze Mage still good in the meta so nothing to be upset over.

Also Alex still used in CW and Warlocks desperate enough to run Alex these days in their deck too.

Regret is crafting Chogall out of love for a class archetype. Firebat should be double blasted for even suggesting that Chogall is even comparable to Dr 7.

Ashodin

Just had a game where I casted Yogg-Saron THREE TIMES

First time he shadowstepped himself back into my hand

Second time he copied himself

Third time I won the game

Levi

Banned
NIz7Wcd.jpg

Tempo Warrior treating me well today. I started the day dropping ranks playing Fatigue Warrior and Patron Warrior, but once I switched to tempo it was easy games, easy life.

I also didn't remember I had set up HS Deck Tracker to auto upload to Hearthstats. Turns out my best ever deck was my GVG era Midrange Paladin. Kind of makes me sad, I thought combo druid was my best deck. :(

Mulgrok

watching kripp's stream and seeing the yogg do almost nothing with 52 spells cast. His yogg decks are even more boring than control.

Aylinato

Show and tell time:

nXkPf9T.jpg

Made a cheap midrange Warrior on my EU account, wanted to share this Cursed Blade lethal. (I was lucky enough to get Malkorok in one of my free Old Gods packs, this account is 100% F2P, don't even have any adventures on it. Been very luck with pulls: Sylvanas, Antonidas, and Malkorok are the legendaries I've pulled from packs)

bhyLUOE.jpg

The rest of these are from my NA account, where I'm focusing on trying to get my golden right now. Lots of different Warrior decks to play right now! Right now "Tempo" is doing the best for me. (7-3 on ladder today, and one of those losses was a disconnect, i had dropped to 16 playing Patron and made my way back up to 14 with Tempo)

rsk3ORR.jpg

Tempo Warrior can pull off some really fun swing turns.[/QUOTE]

I'm sad not one with me in it!

Dahbomb

Watching these Kripp matches and he's constantly getting 50+ spell Yogg but they are mostly just duds and over draw him by a ton, usually to fatigue.

I think 10-15 is the ideal spell count for Yogg. Any higher and it actually starts increasing your chances to straight up lose you the game.

Zoggy

Real talk, I just disenchanted all of my Hunter, Priest, Paladin, and Mage cards including Huhuran, Antonidas and Rhonin plus every epic I had that is only good in those decks. Was going to blow up my Patron Warrior deck and then remake it all golden. Then I got cold feet about it. Is Hearthstone Paralysis a thing?

wtf

Gutss

Got dragon lord in a pack!!! looks like my paly reno gana be dragon reno paly now lol, and i got chillmaw and alex still, excited to use this thing.

Ken

Got dragon lord in a pack!!! looks like my paly reno gana be dragon reno paly now lol, and i got chillmaw and alex still, excited to use this thing.

i really didnt like deathwing dragonlord which is a shame since he was my second wotg legendary :(

I wish there were an easy way to hit rank 5 so I can just fool around for the rest of the month and test decks out. The grind is so painful and boring.

Danj

I wish there were an easy way to hit rank 5 so I can just fool around for the rest of the month and test decks out. The grind is so painful and boring.

I wish there was an easy way to hit rank 5 full stop. I've never gotten anywhere near it. I was hoping the advent of Old Gods and Standard would make it easier but it hasn't.

Danj

Someone on my friend list only plays secret paly and he got to rank 1 in 2 days in wild this season.

I'm missing some cards that are needed to play Secrets Paladin I think, so that's not really an option.

On another note, is there a best class to use for the current Brawl? I got the win 5 brawls quest.

I wish there was an easy way to hit rank 5 full stop. I've never gotten anywhere near it. I was hoping the advent of Old Gods and Standard would make it easier but it hasn't.

If anything, ranking up is going to be harder since the meta is more in flux. Your ability to anticipate and respond to the meta is a part of playing very well.

scarlet

I'm missing some cards that are needed to play Secrets Paladin I think, so that's not really an option.

On another note, is there a best class to use for the current Brawl? I got the win 5 brawls quest.

I used mage, won 5.

And I give up with arena, not my thing.

I don't think it matters much, but druid worked for me. Hunter obviously, mage is ok and warrior seemed decent.

Tacitus_

lel, 2x PO and forbidden tentacles -> 20 damage to face from 2 minions (councilman + some 2 attack minion)

C'thun warrior didn't see that coming.

Top Bottom