• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Ladekabel

So I've played a little bit with Tempo Warrior. I like it so far. Might do my golden Warrior with it. Finally I have a use for my King Varian which I got at TGT launch pack opening.
And I noticed that Warrior is the class where I have all class legendaries. Varian, Malkorok and Juggernaut from packs and Grommash was crafted.+

Tacitus_

DansGame.png
DansGame.png
DansGame.png

Didn't even need the tentacles tbh, I had a 5 attack councilman already and he had only 15 hp. Thought I'd lose the game since I basically missed turn 3 and had two POs in my hand without anything to trade to, but then magic happened

FeD.nL

So I've played a little bit with Tempo Warrior. I like it so far. Might do my golden Warrior with it. Finally I have a use for my King Varian which I got at TGT launch pack opening.
And I noticed that Warrior is the class where I have all class legendaries. Varian, Malkorok and Juggernaut from packs and Grommash was crafted.+

Yeah I like the deck as well so far. Hope it sticks around.

Dahbomb

No incentive to go for Legend each month unless you are a pro player and you need the points.

Though I am kinda glad for it.

Levi

Banned
http://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/legendary-tempo-warrior-standard-deck

This is Boar Control's list, he was the guy who made tempo warrior popular when he got to high rank on the EU legend tier with it. Sjow took out Varian and put in Rafaam and cut one whirlwind in order to run a second Kor'kron Elite, and last I saw he was rank 2 legend in EU, so that's also a strong version of the deck.

thanks, I would have to invest a lot of dust for that list but will try to make something similar with what I have

Levi

Banned
thanks, I would have to invest a lot of dust for that list but will try to make something similar with what I have

If you don't have the legendaries for it honestly you should play Patron Warrior instead. It's also a midrange deck but the only really important legendary in that list is Grom.

Ladekabel

http://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/legendary-tempo-warrior-standard-deck

This is Boar Control's list, he was the guy who made tempo warrior popular when he got to high rank on the EU legend tier with it. Sjow took out Varian and put in Rafaam and cut one whirlwind in order to run a second Kor'kron Elite, and last I saw he was rank 2 legend in EU, so that's also a strong version of the deck.

He even made rank 1 legend with his list but I think he dropped to 2 immediatly.

Levi

Banned
lost 2 ranks solely to shaman scum, fuck this broken class and anyone who plays it.

Yeah, I lost my last game vs aggro Shaman because I misplayed by not drawing my execute before the turn four Flamewreathed. No removal / no taunts / GG. (And I hard mulligan for removal whenever I face Shaman so it's not like not having execute was in my control).

Shaman has the highest winrate of any class in the game according to the stats we have access to, sure would be nice if Blizzard could pro-actively address this. Even a slight reduction in aggro Shaman's efficiency would be very appreciated.

Yeah, I lost my last game vs aggro Shaman because I misplayed by not drawing my execute before the turn four Flamewreathed. No removal / no taunts / GG. (And I hard mulligan for removal whenever I face Shaman so it's not like not having execute was in my control).

Shaman has the highest winrate of any class in the game according to the stats we have access to, sure would be nice if Blizzard could pro-actively address this. Even a slight reduction in aggro Shaman's efficiency would be very appreciated.
This needs to be a meme.

Dahbomb

N'Zoth decks are so ridiculous. I don't know how anyone can be happy with the state of this game. Autopilot bullshit everywhere.
Only the Paladin Nzoth deck is any good and it can be beat by a variety of decks (Midrange decks like Shaman/Hunter, Miracoli, Handlock, Control Priest etc).

Nzoth decks are the best thing to happen to the game since Reno Jackson. A slow control deck that can actually stand up against aggressive decks.

Worst thing about the meta is Shaman. If Zoolock was number 1 then that would be fine because the deck can be countered but there's hardly a deck that can cover both Midrange and Aggro Shaman. So when you are up against a Shaman you are trying to feel out their deck while they put down Troggs/Golems/Faceless and pummel you.

Only the Paladin Nzoth deck is any good and it can be beat by a variety of decks (Midrange decks like Shaman/Hunter, Miracoli, Handlock, Control Priest etc).

Nzoth decks are the best thing to happen to the game since Reno Jackson. A slow control deck that can actually stand up against aggressive decks.

Worst thing about the meta is Shaman. If Zoolock was number 1 then that would be fine because the deck can be countered but there's hardly a deck that can cover both Midrange and Aggro Shaman. So when you are up against a Shaman you are trying to feel out their deck while they put down Troggs/Golems/Faceless and pummel you.
I am switching to full Aggro Shaman to be one with the meta.

I wish I had Eternal Sentinels. :(

Dahbomb

And rogues acting like their class was dead after the blade flurry nerf f**k off.
These tournament Miracolis only work because all those other players are playing greedy as hell control decks.

Miracoli folds so hard against Aggro Shaman.

I am switching to full Aggro Shaman to be one with the meta.

I wish I had Eternal Sentinels. :(
I think Midrange Shaman with one copy of Bloodlust is most optimum. Yeah you will lose to more aggressive Shamans but you will have a more consistent game plan for slower decks like against Nzoth decks, Handlock and Control Warrior.

These tournament Miracolis only work because all those other players are playing greedy as hell control decks.

Miracoli folds so hard against Aggro Shaman.

I think Midrange Shaman with one copy of Bloodlust is most optimum. Yeah you will lose to more aggressive Shamans but you will have a more consistent game plan for slower decks like against Nzoth decks, Handlock and Control Warrior.

Dont most deck pretty much fold vs Aggro Shaman cuz that deck is broken.

inky

Seeing Kripp's massive Yogg Saron turns is fun. He manages to kill himself every time too.

He did a Warrior game that would've triggered 72 spells. He had like 50 health, triggered 53 spells against a Priest with about 20 health and he still killed himself with draw mechanics. From these games it seems that direct damage spells to either face almost never happen or at least not in any significant way compared to draw and board clears.

Dahbomb

Dont most deck pretty much fold vs Aggro Shaman cuz that deck is broken.
Well Miracoli folds harder. Control Warrior still does pretty well against Aggro Shaman and Nzoth Paladin also has a lot of debuffs, clears and heals to beat Aggro Shaman. Same for Control Priest.

But that doesn't matter because Midrange Shaman beats those.

What makes a class actually the best is when they have two or more tier 1 decks in a meta at one time. It makes them harder to counter and play against when you are guessing what deck they have in the first 4 turns. This was true when Warlock was on top with both Zoolock and Handlock or when Warrior had Grim Patron and Control Warrior or when Druids had Aggro Druid and Combo Druid.

JohnCYQ

I watched Eloise climb ladder with miracle and she did fine even against Aggro shaman. Backstab, earthenring, shadowstrike, deadly poison and sap are great tools against them, and there's only so much smorcing they can do if you are the one with a concealed 8/8 vancleef or 7-9 Attack cold blooded minion while you just sapped their flamewreath.

Dahbomb

I watched Eloise climb ladder with miracle and she did fine even against Aggro shaman. Backstab, earthenring, shadowstrike, deadly poison and sap are great tools against them, and there's only so much smorcing they can do if you are the one with a concealed 8/8 vancleef or 7-9 Attack cold blooded minion while you just sapped their flamewreath.
So nuts draw against Aggro Shaman allows Rogue to win.

Same as any other class. So what do you do when you don't have Sap for Faceless or anything for Doomhammer or no way to remove Feral Spirits while you have hand of double Gadgetans?

Not saying it's unwinnable but it's a hard match up for sure. And there's a big difference between someone playing Aggro Shaman vs Miracoli when it comes to skill.

bjaelke

Miracle doesn't have stuff for Doomhammer. But yes, you do very much rely on getting a sap or two early on to stand a chance.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Miracle has to draw very well to beat Aggro Shaman now without Blade Flurry. However when they do draw well it crushes, because Aggro Shaman is everything Rogue was designed to deal with. It's been a long time since you could Turn 3, Backstab/SI:7 profitably.

Levi

Banned
And there's a big difference between someone playing Aggro Shaman vs Miracoli when it comes to skill.

Yeah, these fucking Shaman players cannot even position their flame tongues properly but does not matter. So many free wins just by pushing everything to face every turn, no decision making required.

Levi

Banned
Apparently today is tryhard day. Last 5 matches all either aggro shaman or zoo, and I keep drawing 7+ mana cards in my opening hand.

ZZMitch

Wow, this tempo warrior list going around is insane. I made a few personal changes and have won like 5 straight.

I had been playing a slower control version of warrior with Varian for the last few months but this version blows it out of the water.

IceMarker

The only aggro deck I've played since WoToG released is Divine Secret Paladin. Steward of Darkshire into Noble Sacrifice/Redemption is so good, not to mention a big mysterious businessman to back it up along with Divine Balance.

Top Bottom