• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

I have been playing shaman since the beginning so I can't give it up. Though I usually don't run popular decks. I like it when I win with my own deck and I have yet to see someone complain about cthun shaman.

I do want to play more cthun Druid and craft a N'Zoth deck.

Tacitus_

After all the hero power pass
, the late late game was really interesting.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I learned what I was doing wrong in control warrior mirrors

the goal of the matchup is to never play any cards

It really is. Playing cards means you already lost.

It's a game of chicken to see who cracks under pressure first.

Dahbomb

The woes of a Rogue player. When you draw bad you want to delete the deck instantly. Chakki with an impressive 3-0 win with Control Warrior.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Oh my god. I've been playing Heartstone since before TGT and I don't have any Frothing Berserkers. Shows how much I play Warrior.

I feel like I should be able to mulligan twice, just in case I drew the most horrible hand possible.
Oh, I was being sarcastic with Dahbomb because Duelyst doesn't have this problem because of two superior design decisions:
1) Players start at 2 mana, so you rarely get hands with anything to play.
2) You can mulligan 1 card in your hand every turn, so you rarely have a dead hand.

inky

I want to revive my Dragon Warrior but it looks like a low curve Tempo variant might be even more effective than a Control variant. That would save me the need to craft some cards at least.

It would be nice if every starting hand guaranteed at least one 1 or 2 mana card.
I think the problem here is that most decks would then only run one optimal 1-drop and one optimal 2-drop to optimize the curve. I have had your same thought, but I think it would be worse for the game. Something like an enhanced curve where at a certain # of 1-drops you are guaranteed one would be better, I think.

FeD.nL

It has been said before but just more powerful board clears, or at an acceptable cost would go a long way.

Would be fun to see where the meta would be if Shadow Word: Horror would destroy all minions <3 attack.

But overall I think the expansion did a lot of things right.

Guaranteed early game helps aggro the most, which means aggro would be even MORE prevalent.
Not true.

Aggro is the MOST guaranteed to have early plays because their deck is structured to increase that probability. They gain the least from such a change.

Midrange and Control usually run higher-end cards, so their % chance of a 1-mana draw is less. They gain the most because they can compete. Anyone who has played Priest knows that game where you literally have no cards to play until turn 3, but while I've had bad draws as a Hunter and Shaman, it's rarely without a 2-drop.

Levi

Banned
Shaman and zoo have better one and two drops. What early game from control is gonna contest? Doomsayer? Win axe? Everyone would switch to aggro, tempo or midrange.

I think the most underrated card of WotOG so far has to be Possessed Villager. We all mocked it as inferior to Warlock's other options, but it's a Zoo staple and does very well.

Shaman and zoo have better one and two drops. What early game from control is gonna contest? Doomsayer? Win axe? Everyone would switch to aggro, tempo or midrange.
Northshire Cleric, of course!

Or maybe the Hunter's new craptastic 1-drop?

I actually think Warlock's 1-drops are very fair. 1/3 and a 3/2 that hits your face for 3? I have no problem with that.

The problem 1-drops are Tunnel Trogg and Mana Wyrm, because they are 1/3s that are almost always 3/3s by turn 2, which is a huge tempo spike.

Tacitus_

I think the most underrated card of WotOG so far has to be Possessed Villager. We all mocked it as inferior to Warlock's other options, but it's a Zoo staple and does very well.

Villager wasn't really underrated. It just wasn't exciting. It's a sidegrade to Argent Squire, better with PO but worse with Argus.

Top Bottom