• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heaven Burns Red - English version announced for PC (Steam), iOS and Android | F2P story-driven RPG from Key (Clannad, Kanon) and WFS

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire

Via Gematsu:

Yostar will release an English version of Key and WFS-developed free-to-play story-driven RPG Heaven Burns Red, the publisher announced.

Heaven Burns Red first launched for iOS and Android on February 10, 2022 in Japan, followed by PC via Steam on August 10, 2022

About the Game

Co-developed by Wright Flyer Studios and Visual Arts / Key , this story-driven RPG was first released in 2022 in Japan. It has garnered major accolades at the Google Play Best of 2022 Awards, claiming titles such as “Best Game 2022,” “User Voting Category Game Category Grand Prize,” and “Story Category Award.”

Discover the Intricate World of Heaven Burns Red

Besieged by mysterious life-forms known as “the Phage,” Earth teeters on the brink of ruin. All human weaponry proved futile against the Phage’s onslaught, and without any means to fight back, humanity has been forced to retreat. Land was forsaken, and nations were erased in the ensuing chaos. Now, over half of the Earth’s surface has been lost to the Phage.

With little time left and the danger of extinction looming, humans developed a brand-new, ultimate weapon called “Seraph,” and those endowed with Seraphim can finally fight against the Phage with vigor. Those who can master their Seraphim are gathered to create a special squadron, becoming humanity’s last beacon of hope. They have one thing in common: they are all girls with special talents. Among them stands Ruka Kayamori, poised to throw herself into the war against the Phage.

Highlights from Heaven Burns Red

Heaven Burns Red is a story-driven role-playing game co-developed by Wright Flyer Studios and Visual Arts / Key. This title is Jun Maeda’s first completely new game in 15 years. As a narrative-centric RPG, Heaven Burns Red uses a timeline narrative design to advance the story, breaking new ground in the RPG genre by offering an engaging and evolving storyline driven by player choices. Players will experience fierce battles through the eyes of Ruka Kayamori as well as the value of each day in the deeply immersive world of Heaven Burns Red.

English Version First Reveal at Anime Expo 2024

Leveraging the influential platform of Anime Expo 2024, Yostar will introduce Heaven Burns Red to the international gaming community. Attendees who come to the Yostar booth at Anime Expo 2024 will witness the sophisticated graphics, elaborate character artistry, and well-crafted music of Heaven Burns Red.

Special Message from Jun Maeda

“Hello, everyone, this is Jun Maeda. You may have heard of the global craze for taiyaki inspired by the work Kanon, but are you familiar with its original creator and head writer, Naoki Hisaya? I had the honor of being a sub-writer for that project. Naoki Hisaya started the trend of ‘visual novels that make players cry,’ a pursuit that I have passionately followed for over 20 years. The pinnacle of this journey is Heaven Burns Red. Whereas Hisaya used sophisticated storytelling techniques to evoke tears, I took a rather direct approach, and that’s the essence of Heaven Burns Red. To think that this work would be released in places where he sparked the taiyaki craze—such a delightful coincidence feels like fate. We eagerly look forward to sharing Heaven Burns Red with you. Thank you.”

Jun Maeda, a Japanese writer and composer. He is considered a pioneer of visual novel and his notable works includes AIR, CLANNAD, Little Busters!, and Angel Beats!.

Yet another JRPG with schoolgirls

angry u mad GIF by Mayfly

Why do people even click on these threads if they are not interested in the slightest? Like cool Chad we know you don't like cute anime girls doing cute anime girl things. Leave some 2d pussy for the rest of us.
Because the person who is widely known for doing it isn't being given enough warnings about doing so, so now others do it too because that person got away with it for so long 🤷‍♂️

Just treat it as a positive: They are bumping the thread and keeping it on page 1.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Why do people even click on these threads if they are not interested in the slightest? Like cool Chad we know you don't like cute anime girls doing cute anime girl things. Leave some 2d pussy for the rest of us.

I'm here to laugh at it being F2P and therefore worthless. Just anouther gatcha game to slot in with all the other gatcha games. Until they are legislated out of existence, an overwhelming majority of these will never be worth playing. Good gameplay design is always at odd with the business model.

Just buy any Atlus game or either of the Blue Reflections instead you will have a better time.

Last edited:

NanaMiku

Kinda interested since the story is written by Maeda Jun. But it's a mobile game so the story won't end.....

IAmRei

I think i'm of the chad guy.

I like power metal, i can fight, i can hurt people without thinking their feeling, i like doom, halo series, far cry 2, i play souls. But i'm also like sanrio and pokemon... (Thats weird part...) B-But i can tolerate cute rpg, or anime rpg or even school girl rpg. This game reminds me to blue reflection. Unfortunately F2P is not my cup of tea.

And i'm also thinking why people even bother to bash certain genre in this forum, if they dontt like it. They just even more, looks like toxic to others who loves or liking anime.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
This game is constantly in top 10 mobile revenue worldwide just from the JP region alone, so I assume there's something to it. I'll give it a try when it releases for the story.

MrRibeye

Heaven Burns Red is the 3rd most popular game on Steam in Japan, and has been in the Top 10 since it released 2 years ago. It is very, very popular in Japan, while completely unknown in the West.

HlOtGW.jpg

STARSBarry

Gold Member
i like the artstyle in that game, very inspiring

I mean it's Gust, they know what there doing, it also has an excellent and unique score if you have never played. As with many Gust titles it suffers from being a lower budget Japanese game and has some jank, but compared to the OP which a game designed to annoy you to extract the maximum amount of cash with the minimum amount of content, with hardly any gameplay it's actually worth playing.

Last edited:

IAmRei

I mean it's Gust, they know what there doing, it also has an excellent and unique score if you have never played. As with many Gust titles it suffers from being a lower budget Japanese game and has some jank, but compared to the OP which a game designed to annoy you to extract the maximum amount of cash with the minimum amount of content, with hardly any gameplay it's actually worth playing.

Yes, i play the series as well back before for character research but i havent play it for long. Gust character designs are superb, executed well. Although some other department is kinda jank, just like you said

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
Do we know whether Gust are working on a new Blue Reflection game?
I'm curious as well, although I'm content anyway with what we've got so far from Gust in the Blue Reflection series. I mean, two console games, one anime adaptation, and one gacha game — that's def a lot for a rather new IP.

The OST for the first game is GOATed, btw.

YeulEmeralda

Linux User
I'm here to laugh at it being F2P and therefore worthless. Just anouther gatcha game to slot in with all the other gatcha games. Until they are legislated out of existence, an overwhelming majority of these will never be worth playing. Good gameplay design is always at odd with the business model.

Just buy any Atlus game or either of the Blue Reflections instead you will have a better time.
Or Falcom.

Guilty_AI

You see, the most common element on the atmosphere is nitrogen, and the color of its flame is yellow.

So no, heaven does not burn red, it should burn yellow.

Top Bottom