• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

help fix F1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
so, what changes are needed to help bring F1 back from the brink of oblivion?

I'll start with qualifying. Bernies plans are dumb, and would mean going back to arguments about traffic etc.

I like seeing each driver have a clear run, and its good for the sponsors, so its mostly fine as is, you just need a couple of tweaks.

First, drop the refuelling rule. Let them refuel afterwards so its a straight competitive lap with no hidden elements.

Then, drop qualifying 1, as no TV shows it these days anyway. Just run Qualifying 2 based either on the championship standings in reverse order (so Shumacher last, minardi first), or the results of the previous race in reverse order. I think the potentially fastest should be last like in Skiing, to give the potential for each time to be beaten.

So, thats qualifying sorted. What about the race?

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Well they need to do something about pit stops, because thats whats ruining the races, every week shumacher just pulls out lap records when his competition is in the pits and wins the race. F1 was much better without them imo, but i imagine putting that much fuel in the cars these days would raise some safety concerns.

They also need to stop going to tracks where you cant over take, and do something to the dynamics of the cars so it's easier to do so. They dont race against eachother anymore, just against the clock, which is why it's so damn lame.

You cant stop Shumacher winning, he's so much better than the rest its not gonna happen whatever you do, but you can at least make the race behind him good to watch.

cja

Get rid of all the rules that promote reliability. Stuff such as 8 points for second, strict restrictions on engines, not allowed to work on cars after qualifying, it's killing the sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom