• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Help! i got spy wear on my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
how do i delete it?

i used ad aware but it does not work

when i open a new internet browser i will get directed to a homepage called search something, if i go in to Tools and change the starting page to my own homepage and save it i will still go to that search page when i open a new browser.

what program can i use to delete this spywear?

I need help with this so if anyone here is a brilliant computer guy please help me

ok i will try these programs thanks,

if there is anone else in here that can help me with some tips how to delete this spywear please post it here

Ad Aware, non premium version.
Update it immeaditly. Delete most everything that shows up.

Then get firefox!
And configure the cookie controls to block all domains on the list that showed up on ad aware.

I also configure it only allows cookie from the main website, then keep cookies for current session only and white list a couple sites i visit frequently to keep cookies on my comp.

pestul

muncheese said:
What like a black mask binocular dealie?
Totally screwed...

spygear.jpg

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I had this problem on the laptop recently and no matter what I did, it would not go away.

God bless my girlfriend for trying her best to figure out WTF was going on and actually persisting enough to get rid of it - how she did it, I do not know sorry.

Friend

Here are all the tools that I use:
Spybot fully updated
Adaware fully updated with the cloaking plugin
Bazooka Spyware scanner
CWShredder

Cyan said:
All the stuff on this page will help.

And for goodness sake, switch to Firefox!

i did everything that they told me to do at that site and it still did not delete the spywear if i use the internet explorer.

i downloaded the firefox and with that one it is as normal, thank god.

but when i switch to explorer i still have that problem.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
robertsan21 said:
i did everything that they told me to do at that site and it still did not delete the spywear if i use the internet explorer.

i downloaded the firefox and with that one it is as normal, thank god.

but when i switch to explorer i still have that problem.

Try searching for the site that's coming up on your homepage on google. You should come up on a page that tells you how to stop it. It has to do with changing the text of the spyware and switching it to read-only. It worked for me...

pnjtony

when you run adaware make sure to check for updates and use the custom scan, make sure in depth scanning is enabled. Make sure there's a check mark next to all the results when it's complete.

DO NOT use the smart system scan.

robochimp

None of that has worked for me, I've done the most in depth scans with everything and then done them all again while in Safe Mode.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Hijak this is your best bet... That is how I got rid of it... looks like About:blank

lexy

I'm not sure if this will help but you might want to go through your harddrive and delete any programs that were installed in the last few days esp. if you have no idea what they do. It goes without saying but, do this at your own risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom