• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Help me buy a notebook!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike

Hey there, I'm looking to spend about a grand on a notebook to take with me traveling for work. I want something that has a DVD player and can play games decently, (I'm a FFXI fanatic, so that game definitely needs to run on the new system; it doesn't have to be pretty, but it has to run).

What would you recommend? Thanks in advance for your help!

Mike said:
Hey there, I'm looking to spend about a grand on a notebook to take with me traveling for work. I want something that has a DVD player and can play games decently, (I'm a FFXI fanatic, so that game definitely needs to run on the new system; it doesn't have to be pretty, but it has to run).

What would you recommend? Thanks in advance for your help!

No notebook for around a grand will run FFXI decently. It should "run" in few of them, but you might not be able to bear looking at it. Either give up games on your sub $1000 laptop or bump up your budget to around $1500 for a decent gaming laptop.

201350_01_CI_std.jpg

50 cents for 6!

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
i wanted something in the 1200-1500 dollar price range and ended up springing for an ibm thinkpad. NO REGRETS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom