• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Help me choose what to play next?!

What should I play next?!

• Castlevania Circle of the moon (magician mode for my final achievement)

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Shin megami Tensai V Vengeance

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • Alone in the dark 2024

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Outcast 2

• Persona 3 Reload

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Kunitsu-gami

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Sea Of Stars

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Modern Warfare 3

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Wo Long Expansions

• Monster Hunter Sunbreak expansion

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Other?

• Total voters

anthony2690

Just finished the excellent Penny's Big Breakaway and the hot wheels unleashed 2 expansions, really unsure on what to play now & I continue to play street fighter 6 daily 🥲

I have visions of mana, star wars outlaws & Ufouria 2 coming at the end of the month :).

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
If you enjoy good turn based JRPG SMT5V is fantastic! But also if you planning to get Visions of Mana I suggest you play Trials of Mana if haven’t already….im currently playing that game and I’m enjoying it a lot.

Persona 3 Reload and MHRise Sunbreak is good choice as well.

Honestly depends what you in mood for, I would say go with your gut.

anthony2690

If you enjoy good turn based JRPG SMT5V is fantastic! But also if you planning to get Visions of Mana I suggest you play Trials of Mana if haven’t already….im currently playing that game and I’m enjoying it a lot.

Persona 3 Reload and MHRise Sunbreak is good choice as well.

Honestly depends what you in mood for, I would say go with your gut.
That's the thing, I'm honestly not sure what I want to play, these are just some games I fancy tackling at some point in my backlog to play list 🥲

There is too much to good stuff to play, too little time 😢

Chukhopops

Sunbreak, then Persona 3 Reload, then SMT V. Should keep you busy for a little bit too!

Sunbreak is worth going all the way to the endgame just for the best fight in the entire series.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Might as well do MW3 since it’s only a few hours.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Id say either Wo Long expansion or MW3. Something that isn’t too long. That way you can wrap it up before anything comes out. I’m playing Steelrising before Wukang comes out.

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
Alone_in_the_dark_2022.jpg

anthony2690

I picked Shin megami Tensai V Vengeance so it'll keep you busy for a while and you won't ask this question again.
Looking like a landslide victory for SMTV, I remember last time I made a post like this a couple years ago, castlevania advance collection won, I smashed through all the games back to back, incredible little collection!

Also quick question about SMTV, does it require two playthroughs? As I hear it recommends the base game over vengeance for first playthrough from what I saw in a review, is there a reason for this, without spoilers? Is vengeance a standalone thing? Or same game with slight differences? (Ie gears tactics:jacked)

Fake

Gold Member
Dude Circle of Moon is a terrible Castlevania and the 'mage' mode is fucking shit. Look for Aria of Sorrow or Dissonance.

From your list I sure recommend SMTV.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Dude Circle of Moon is a terrible Castlevania and the 'mage' mode is fucking terrible. Look for Aria of Sorrow or Dissonance.

From your list I sure recommend SMTV.
I've sone then already numerous times, just circle of moon magician mode is the final achievement I need on the collection!

I actually quite like circle of the moon, but the others are better for sure. :)

DryvBy

Looking like a landslide victory for SMTV, I remember last time I made a post like this a couple years ago, castlevania advance collection won, I smashed through all the games back to back, incredible little collection!

Also quick question about SMTV, does it require two playthroughs? As I hear it recommends the base game over vengeance for first playthrough from what I saw in a review, is there a reason for this, without spoilers? Is vengeance a standalone thing? Or same game with slight differences? (Ie gears tactics:jacked)

I just started it and looked up a quick ending guide. There's multiple endings so I'd say play the standard (don't hold girl's hand) until you finish it. I've finished SMT/Persona games before and there's always multiple endings based on choices. Persona 3 I have over 500 hours because I kept messing something up to get an ending lol.

anthony2690

I just started it and looked up a quick ending guide. There's multiple endings so I'd say play the standard (don't hold girl's hand) until you finish it. I've finished SMT/Persona games before and there's always multiple endings based on choices. Persona 3 I have over 500 hours because I kept messing something up to get an ending lol.
500 hours?! How long are these games?! 😨 Haha

DryvBy

500 hours?! How long are these games?! 😨 Haha
Depends. I'd say that's an outlier. Most of the time they're about 80-100 hours if you're doing as much as you can. You can beat them skipping around in like 15 hours. But they're very story heavy. Thankfully, the stories are really good and you can split the game up like a movie. I beat Persona 3 once in about 60 hours. I've finished it multiple times.

Top Bottom