• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Help me decide between two very similar TVs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Both are from Sony.
Both are 50'' 3LCD Rear Projection HDTVs.
Both cost $2500.

Model # KDF-E50A10

Model # KDF-50WE655

Right now I am leaning towards the first model, KDF-E50A10, because of its smaller dimensions, lighter weight, and higher number of inputs but is there anything about the second TV that would make it better than the first one?

No question, get the A10. The A10 is a better model and is replacing the 655. The only advantage the 655 will have is price because they are clearing them out and the A10 is so cheap.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Wow. Sounds like the A10 is the obvious choice.

In your opinion, if a person had to buy the 655 instead of the A10 what is the most they should pay? In other words, at what price point would you say it would be worth getting the 655 over the A10? $2000?

Well given that the cheapest price online for the 655 is about $1700 and the the A10 can be had for as low as $1900, I'd say unless it was like $1000 or less, just get the A10. I have high doubts you'll find it even close to being that cheap though and they are being phased out quickly right now.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Are there any other LCD tvs either 50'' or 55'' in the same price range ($2000 - $2500) that are better in your opinion?

The A10 just came out like no more than less than a week ago so I don't know all the ins and outs of it quite yet. However, all initial reports are pretty much saying it's a step up from the existing Sony LCD Rear Projection TVs. Given that the Sony Grand Wega LCD Rear Projection TVs were pretty much the best in their technology, I'm assuming that nothing beats the A10 at this point, especially for the price point. I've got the Sony Grand Wega III LCD Projection and love it. It was best at the time if I had to replace it, I'd get the A10 without thinking twice. GWIII is the 610 series, GWIV is the 655 series and I guess the A10 series will be the GWV. Heh sad thing is I haven't even had this TV for a year yet and it's already two generations ahead =)

RoadStar

i would have said go for the cheaper one but they the same price lol, you should go for the bigger one, bigger is better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom