• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HELP ME PICK A NEW NBA TEAM TO ROOT FOR!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Alright. That's it. I'm making it official.

Abe Pollin and the rest of the Washington Wizards organization. You're dead to me. I've supported your organization since they were known as the Bullets, before you forced me to purchase new attire that was mocked at by the entire public because the team name is too "violent". You pussies.

You had the greatest player in the history of the entire league for two seasons and managed to make his second comeback an exercise in futility and humility.

You've destroyed the foundation of the franchise over and over again, the most recent victim being Rip Hamilton who has enjoyed CHAMPIONSHIP SUCCESS on his new squad. Instead, you look to be creating the Maryland Terrapins All-Decade team with your plans of trading for Steve Francis for Gilbert Arenas and Kwame Brown. I'm sure Juan Dixon and Steve Blake are ecstatic.

I can only guess that in a year or two, D.J. Strawberry's name will be called in the lottery.

So, in short -- goodbye. I won't be buying your licensed merchandise or supporting your team. In fact, I will vehemently be rooting against it. This will mark the first time I've completely spurned a hometeam franchise. Not even the Orioles were able to do that completely.

Now, dear Forum-goers, I need a new team. I don't want to root for any New York or Los Angeles team. I want a team with character and decent management (that rules out Orlando!). I used to like Charlotte (I guess it was the logo, *shrug*) when I was a tyke, before I could understand the rules of basketball. Maybe I should root for the Bobcats? Who knows.

This is where you come in! Make your case and appeal to me, and I will join your ranks as a humble fan of your glorious franchise.

Godspeed.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
With the Bobcats getting their own brand new stadium out of the Hornets fiasco, how can you not root for them?

Those bastards better not return millions of dollars in investment with a shitty team.

skip

milwaukee. they beat the pistons the same amount of times as the lakers. that makes them co-runners up to the championship.

DMczaf

bulls1.jpg

New GM! New #3 Pick!

Now all we need to do is trade those 2 high school rejects!

The Chicago Krause-less Bulls. Underdogs for every game they play, but quite charming and a large devoted fanbase that are quickly replacing Cubs fans as the new "lovable losers".

You'd have a lot of drinking buddies let me tell ya

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mary Jane wants you!
CRW_7906L.jpg

robochimp

skip said:
milwaukee. they beat the pistons the same amount of times as the lakers. that makes them co-runners up to the championship.

Exactly. Root for the Bucks. They were supposed to go no where last season and made it to the playoffs

definately the chicago bulls..

they are always fun to watch, it feels amazing when they do win, they have alot of young exciting players.. plus the #3 and #7 picks in this years draft... and alot of history..

great big market team to root for...

jamal crawford is also EXTREMELY entertaining to watch.. if he tightened his game up, he could be amazing.

Willco

Hollywood Square
While the Bulls did do a good draft, but the prospect of rooting for Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell's hometow heroes is awesome and considering Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallace and Rip Hamilton are ex-Wizards, I have some history.

But I don't want to seem like a bandwagoner!

will the bulls keep them or trade them?

they have so much young talent, they need to get a solid veteran to shore things up...

and why arent the high schooler twin towers doing shit yet.. if chandler and curry played up to their potential, the bulls would be unstoppable down low.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
phf-aadv035.jpg

Watch the team with the best player in the league

Willco said:
Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallace and Rip Hamilton are ex-Wizards, I have some history.

But I don't want to seem like a bandwagoner!
Chris Webber. Plus you have to have some respect for Geoff Petrie who dished Mitch Richmond to you for Webber ;)

Kuroyume

Banned
The New York Knicks are earth's basketball team... If you ask anyone from France, Japan, Kanada, Germany etc they will all tell you that they root for the Knicks.

Lathentar

Looking for Pants
Kuroyume said:
The New York Knicks are earth's basketball team... If you ask anyone from France, Japan, Kanada, Germany etc they will all tell you that they root for the Knicks.

Except the 1 billion people in China who root for the Rockets!

Willco

Hollywood Square
Phoenix said:
Atlanta Hawks - we need all teh fans we can get :)

At least this guy is honest! But is Atlanta any better than Washington? Really.

Cleveland is an interesting pick. I like their new jerseys. And LeBron is a stud.

Fifty

Kuroyume said:

Except for people from France, Japan, "Kanada" and Germany you're right!

Phoenix

Willco said:
At least this guy is honest! But is Atlanta any better than Washington? Really.

Cleveland is an interesting pick. I like their new jerseys. And LeBron is a stud.

While Atlanta truly stinks, they are a huge step above the Wizards. When I live in the D.C. area, a friend of mine and I went to a game and it was sooooo boring that we actually sat there and tried to pick up women. At one point we didn't even notice that the game was over. With the Hawks you may be pissed off when its over, but hey - at least you can focus the hatred on them. Its like being a Saints fan back in the '80s when they were the 'aints' - the community of fans who hated the team made the games worth going to :)

Ristamar

AirBrian said:
West:
Dallas Mavericks

Why? Two words: Mark Cuban.

I root for Dallas. Cuban rocks. I like the way his team runs the floor. I like the Dirk and Nash duo. Unfortunately, I don't think Nash will be around next year. :(

I dont think the bulls will be quite like the cubs..

the cubs are on WGN, which is like broadcast everywhere in the free world... even in central america they get WGN, hence there are cubs fans in central america, south america, the world over..

i dont think bulls have that kind of coverage...

AirBrian

LuckyBrand said:
I dont think the bulls will be quite like the cubs..

the cubs are on WGN, which is like broadcast everywhere in the free world... even in central america they get WGN, hence there are cubs fans in central america, south america, the world over..

i dont think bulls have that kind of coverage...
:lol You do know WGN also broadcasts Bulls' games as well, right? Plus, Jordan is still in the top 3 most recognizable people in the world.

Who is arguing the size of the Bulls fanbase? I was stating how Bulls fans are becoming like Cubs fan in that no matter the W-L record, they're attendance/support is sitll among league tops.

And worldwide Bulls fans>cubs fans... you cannot believe the impact Jordan and Co. had for worldwide audiences.

I know WGN broadcasts Bulls games, but I didnt think they did that many, though I think they may have upped the # of games they carry after the bulls ratings dropped...

needless to say, the cubs are on WGN nearly all the time..

bulls fans are around the world, yes.. but cubs fans are too, and especially in places you wouldnt expect...

AirBrian

OK, fair enough. Both teams have fans everywhere, that's for sure. Remember last year's playoffs in Atlanta? The Cubs' fans down there were almost as loud as the Braves' fans!

Bowser

81096390535.jpg

"Yo Will, join me and DA BOBCATS!"

The future of the NBA has spoken.

LuckyBrand said:
definately the chicago bulls..

they are always fun to watch, it feels amazing when they do win, they have alot of young exciting players.. plus the #3 and #7 picks in this years draft... and alot of history..

great big market team to root for...

jamal crawford is also EXTREMELY entertaining to watch.. if he tightened his game up, he could be amazing.

Jamal Crawford is a FA this year and has stated he will not resign with the Bulls unless he gets to play the point (his natural position). He won't get to because Hienrich is penned and inked into that position. ESPN Insider predicts that none other than DA BOBCATS will pursue and land Crawford.

A crowd of about 10,000 fans [at the Charlotte Coliseum] in Charlotte cheered when Okafor was not selected by the Magic, and owner Bob Johnson nodded his head and smiled. Fireworks then exploded, and orange and white confetti and streamers rained down on the cheering crowd.

As you can see, Charlotte LOVES Okafor.

bobcats will be lucky to have him... he is extremely fun to watch and extremely talented.. he just needs a coach he connets with and he could be amazing.. needs that discipline..

heinrich is fucking good though.

warhead

Bobcats. You can tell everyone that you were a fan from the start, and if they suck the first couple of years just say it's because they're an expansionteam and no-one will try to fight that!

98090S.Supersonics(small).jpg

I have no reason other than I'm probably moving to Idaho in a couple of years (which doesn't have any teams, but it's closest to Seattle!), and I don't really like the Lakers. Yeah, I'm the only person in So Cal that doesn't go apeshit over the purple and yellow. Wow. Sue me, fuckers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom