• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HELP! Whats wrong with my router??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I have a Linksys Wireless broadband adaptor with built in 4 port switch (WRT54G-UK) its been off for a month (worked perfectly before) or so as i havent been in the house, i turned it back on with my PC and the cable modem (my pc is cabled to the router, and i havent changed any setting since i left), the lights come on (for the internet connection and for the PC connection) my pc says the connection is up, the PC sends data but recieves nothing and i cant get into the web setup page (i get page not found) i cant ping it either.

HELP!

Did you try pulling the power cord out of the router for a sec, then plugging it back in?

Whenever my router hangs up, that usually does the trick.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Yeah, should it do something when i let go after 10 seconds? light up or something? because it doesnt even blink...

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
My router has done that twice before, and I still don't know why. It just worked after ages of trying, I don't think I did anything though. Almost like it needed to warm up, all of a sudden the webpage would work.

That's not much help.

DaveH

Try upgrading or rolling back your firmware. Though when I had a Linksys router, it was pretty much voodoo that got it working again.

I assume you have cable internet.

They assign new IPs every now and then. It's not the router. Unplug the cable modem for about 1 minute and then plug it back in. Everything will probably work after that.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
its not the cable, i can connect the PC straight to the modem and it works fine, and i cant upgrade the firmware because i cant connect to the router.

Just read in the user manual that the power light should flash when ive held down the reset button long enough but i held it down for 20-30 second and still nothing, think it might have actually gone for good, bit shitty for only being a year old :-/

Ill try the warm up trick though :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom