• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hendricks > DEI = Gordon wins Pepsi 400

Status
Not open for further replies.

UFC PRIDE

Whoo! Go Gordon! DEI got own3d tonight baby. That was a damn good race though tonight - good old fashioned late night slobber knocker.

Vicious

Jeff Gordon won at Talladega, and Greg Biffle won the last Pepsi 400, so DEI's strangle-hold of restrictor plate racing isn't quite what it used to be, so I would hardly say that DEI got "owned", since Jr. and Waltrip were up front just as much as the Hendricks team.

Hats off to Hendricks, though. I really wanted Jr. to win, and I thought the race was his after his amazing 2-car pass with 10 laps to go that put him 2nd behind Stewart. Still, 3rd place is a good finish.

Too bad Waltrip faded to 13th, though.

Kudie

The only reason JG won was because on the last pit-stop, he swerved his car to the right so much that it forced the 25 and the 8 to take evasive action, thereby allowing JG to come out ahead of them. This put him in second place or so and since the leader, Tony Stewart, was only on 2 fresh tires, it was inevitable that he would get passed by the 24 for the lead and eventual win.

Yesterday's race was pretty boring IMO. This rules package does not lend to great racing at Daytona because it breaks up the pack racing and leads to mostly single file racing. Since the engines are resticted, this then makes passing the car ahead of you very difficult, even if you have a great run. NASCAR should really think about changing the rules packing for Daytona to lend to better racing; perhaps reverting to the Busch series RP package, which allowed for a great race on Friday.

Also, what do you guys think about the new 10 race Chase for the Championship format? I like it and each one of the final 10 races should be very, very interesting and fun to watch.

Kudie

Vicious said:
I really wanted Jr. to win, and I thought the race was his after his amazing 2-car pass with 10 laps to go that put him 2nd behind Stewart. Still, 3rd place is a good finish.

Man, that pass was almost unbelievable. There is no way that one car, with no help from behind, could pull a pass off like that. Spectacular to watch nonetheless. Man, DEI sure has the RP package figured out. I wonder what their secret is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom