• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Here’s The Official Plot Synopsis For M. Night Shyamalan’s GLASS

Dalek

Here's The Official Plot Synopsis For M. Night Shyamalan's GLASS

Caution: spoilers for Split to follow.

giphy.gif

Unless you've been living under a rock, you know that M. Night Shyamalan's Split (which arrived back in January, made critics happy, and went on to earn over $275M at the worldwide box office) was actually something of a surprise sequel to Shyamalan's Unbreakable. You also probably know that Shymalan's next project, Glass, will bring this unexpected trilogy to a close, and bring together all the major players from both Unbreakable and Split.

Today, we've got the first plot synopsis from the film, and with it comes the first suggestion of how all these characters may wind up interacting with one another. Let's take a look:

"From Unbreakable, Bruce Willis returns as David Dunn as does Samuel L. Jackson as Elijah Price, known also by his pseudonym Mr. Glass. Joining from Split are James McAvoy, reprising his role as Kevin Wendell Crumb and the multiple identities who reside within, and Anya Taylor-Joy as Casey Cooke, the only captive to survive an encounter with The Beast.

Following the conclusion of Split, Glass finds Dunn pursuing Crumb's superhuman figure of The Beast in a series of escalating encounters, while the shadowy presence of Price emerges as an orchestrator who holds secrets critical to both men.

This riveting culmination of his worldwide blockbusters will be produced by Shyamalan and Jason Blum, who also produced the writer/director's previous two films for Universal. They produce again with Ashwin Rajan and Marc Bienstock, and Steven Schneider, who will executive produce."

I haven't watched Unbreakable for like 10 years, but...does this make sense?

Following the conclusion of Split, Glass finds Dunn pursuing Crumb’s superhuman figure of The Beast in a series of escalating encounters, while the shadowy presence of Price emerges as an orchestrator who holds secrets critical to both men.

Aren't Price and Glass the same?

Sorry if I'm being dense. Been a long day here.

Following the conclusion of Split, Glass finds Dunn pursuing Crumb’s superhuman figure of The Beast in a series of escalating encounters, while the shadowy presence of Price emerges as an orchestrator who holds secrets critical to both men.

Glass is the title of the film. As in, you should read the first sentence: "[The film] Glass finds Dunn..."

Dalek

Elijah Price is Mister Glass.

Crumb is the guy from Split.

David Dunn is Bruce Willis's character.

It's saying that Dunn will be tracking Crumb/The Beast while Price/Glass is pulling the strings in the background.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Shoot your shot, M Night. Shoot your shot.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Glass is the title of the film. As in, you should read the first sentence: "[The film] Glass finds Dunn..."

Mr. Glass was Price's super villain name.

Btw maybe a tiny spoiler but so far in the Unbreakable universe, good guys have alliterative names - David Dunn and Casey Cook - well, The Beast's name is Kevin Crumb. And Glass is trying to manipulate them. I know what I would do with this pattern.

Cannot wait for this. The end of Split was the biggest shock I've had watching a movie since Howard the Duck popped up in Guardians.

Absolutely loved split and the fact it ties into unbreakable was fantastic.

Really can't wait for this, it will be really interesting to see the characters interact, especially considering the beasts power set.

kiri

Btw maybe a tiny spoiler but so far in the Unbreakable universe, good guys have alliterative names - David Dunn and Casey Cook - well, The Beast's name is Kevin Crumb. And Glass is trying to manipulate them. I know what I would do with this pattern.

David Dunn, Casey Cook - alliterative (good guys)
Lex Luthor - alliterative (bad guy)
Peter Parker - alliterative (good guy)

Kevin Crumb - strong rhyming sound, like Clark Kent.

Anyone want to jump in on any thoughts on this?

Also, does anyone hope that David will get a superhero name? Poncho Guy isn't going to strike fear into the heart's of men.

Griss

Gotta be honest the only way I can understand Split's positive reception is if people were grading on a curve of M. Night's recent films. Really didn't think it was good at all.

Still though, that group of actors alone will make the finale worth checking out.

Is Shyamalan back on track? It feels like he's been pushing out one watchable movie after another.

His movies have always been watchable, good? That's different. But there never boring.

Ive had a good time watching all his movies with the exception of lady in the water.

He's a good director, just the shit he chooses to do baffles me.

I watched The Happening yesterday when it played on HBO

If I'd seen that in theaters, I'd have walked out. I'm of the mindset that if you pay That Fucking Much to see something in theaters, you should stay for the whole thing, and even I halfway in was like "nope couldn't do it"

The happening is a great
comedy
film

It's probably the best bad movie made by a competent director. The decisions on writing and performances is train wreck tier of wonderfully bad.

Arkeband

Banned
I forgot. Did they hint at what the girl's powers might be?

I don't believe Split hinted that she had powers, only that she is incredibly resourceful and resilient to stress due to her very fucked up life.

And The Beast, when discovering this, spares her as she too is "broken" and he sees that as something to be celebrated.

Rejooooooooice!!!

No, no I know. The poster I was replying to was confused by the way the synopsis was worded.

Why hasn't Robyn Wright been cast yet?

Forreal. She's a pretty crucial character to Dunn tbh

Pretty excited for this tho. Split is still one of my favorite movies this year and unbreakable is a top 10 superhero movie I think.

Gotta have James Newton Howard back too. He was integral to the movie

I really wish I hadn't read those spoilers

Loved unbreakable, but M Night fell off a cliff so hard I never give Split a second thought.

Fuck me

Magwik

Banned
I mean, that was her whole deal in Split. >_>; She was raped and thus was not killed by McAvoy's character.
But the context isn't that being raped is a super power, that's missing like the entire point of the movie

I really wish I hadn't read those spoilers

Loved unbreakable, but M Night fell off a cliff so hard I never give Split a second thought.

Fuck me
Split is good though

Top Bottom