• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hey Craig...

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
any word on whether or not the GBA SP headphones are compatible with the DS? (Since you can use the GBA charger on the DS, I assume that the SP headphones are compatible, but I'd like confirmation, if you can provide it). Thanks.

The GBA SP headphone thing is just an adaptor which normal headphones go into isn't it?

There is a normal headphone jack on the front of the unit.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
The NDS has a standard 'phone jack. Just use a good pair of 'phone and you'll be set.

Hey. Funny you should bring that up because I actually paged through the DS manual for about 5 minutes and, yes, you can use your GBA headphones if you like! Or you can use normal headphones as well. I thought it was odd they let you use the GBA ones, but it's cool I guess. :)

Mejilan

That is pretty cool.

As far as headphones go, are the SP ones any good? I'm a bit anal when it comes to headphones, and I've got a pretty hot pair of Senns that I use for my GBA and iPod. I'm not in the market for a new one, just an idle curiosity.

I noticed Nintendo was giving them away in some bundles and GBA promotions, so I assumed like most pack-ins, they weren't very good.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Craig Majaski said:
Hey. Funny you should bring that up because I actually paged through the DS manual for about 5 minutes and, yes, you can use your GBA headphones if you like! Or you can use normal headphones as well. I thought it was odd they let you use the GBA ones, but it's cool I guess. :)

thanks. Actually, it's not that odd: The port is there, so why wouldn't they be compatible?

I wonder what happens if you plug 2 sets of headphones into the DS? I mean, I'm not sure why you'd want to...but I wonder if it will transmit to both simultaneously?

The GBA headphones are OK. Most of them are done by 3rd parties and I'd say that none of them are high-end. You'd probably want to stick with your current headphones :)

Mejilan

Yeah. I paid around $35 for my Senns, but they retailed for about 2x that. I can't imagine anything coming from Nintendo would suffice. Just curious, thanks.

Look at that kid...cocking off to an old guy like me ;)

How's it going Johnny? You're going to make become an admin now, you realize that?

Top Bottom