• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hey Germany Gaf, care to explain yourselves?

It’s hand egg on ice.

What more to explain.

Not German btw.
Get Out Theatre GIF by Tony Awards

Ahhh, Google search makes it seem like it was a one day event that actually aired before the Superbowl. Teams consisted of celebrities. Explains why most throws are bad, and most catches are dropped.

Hilarious all the same. I want to see more.

Hudo

TL;DR: It's a comedy event. Even the team names are meant to be funny: "Wessi" was sometimes used as a derogatory term for West Germans by East Germans. And "Ossi" was the derogatory term used for East Germans by West Germans. So "Westside Wessis" and "Eastside Ossis" are a play on that.

TL;DR: It's a comedy event. Even the team names are meant to be funny: "Wessi" was sometimes used as a derogatory term for West Germans by East Germans. And "Ossi" was the derogatory term used for East Germans by West Germans. So "Westside Wessis" and "Eastside Ossis" are a play on that.
Now that I understand it's for laughs, it's completely brilliant. I'm still laughing, so damn goofy 🤣

The Stig

cool! It kinda does look like a laugh.

This also make s a lot of sense to me. To those who say the Germans dont have a sense of humour, they do. They LOVE slapstick comedy (Mr. Bean is big over there, and worldwide actually) and this is kinda slapstick.

Hudo

cool! It kinda does look like a laugh.

This also make s a lot of sense to me. To those who say the Germans dont have a sense of humour, they do. They LOVE slapstick comedy (Mr. Bean is big over there, and worldwide actually) and this is kinda slapstick.
Yeah, for some reason slapstick is popular over here. But we also tend to laugh about jokes about language. E.g. Johann König's (one of the more popular German comedians) jokes are mostly based on language and the manner of speech.

dave_d

Question for the Germans in this thread. Is it true you use the German word for "venomous" to mean neat, amazing, or cool? (Note - sorry for the bit of the derail. Just curious because I was reading about how Porsche lost a court case in the US over the original 911 turbo because one of the German engineers described it as such. A real nutty case since the driver was both drunk and racing. Yeah, American juries can be even weirder.)

Last edited:

Trunx81

Question for the Germans in this thread. Is it true you use the German word for "venomous" to mean neat, amazing, or cool? (Note - sorry for the bit of the derail. Just curious because I was reading about how Porsche lost a court case in the US over the original 911 turbo because one of the German engineers described it as such. A real nutty case since the driver was both drunk and racing. Yeah, American juries can be even weirder.)
What? No. We use it for Karens.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I don’t know what I expected that video to be, but color me interested. It’s basically combining the two most violent team sports into one. And what’s more German than stacking violence?

I’m in.

MrA

does it still have proper rules?

demigod

I thought this was going to be a big tit German thread, disappointed.

I can throw and catch better than these fools.

Top Bottom