• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideo Kojima wins Game Award Future

Solid

From Gamersbg.

On October 27th at All Nippon Airways hotel in Tokyo, Hideo Kojima was presented with Game Award Future at 8th CESA Game Award show. MGS3 was chosen over 500 other yet to be released games contending for this award. This award was determined by general polls and opinions of people who visited the 2004 Tokyo Game Show on September 24th - 26th. This is the second consecutive year that MGS3 has won this award for showing great promise in terms of story and gameplay.

More here: http://www.konamijpn.com/release/041028.html

041028_pic01.jpg
041028_pic02.jpg

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Stupidest award ever?

Your game looked good, but having not played it, may in fact suck! Yay you!!

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
He won an award based on a game that hasn't been released yet?

snapty00

Banned
Hideo Kojima is where Shigeru Miyamoto was circa 1997.

My prediction: Kojima fizzles out nearly completely in the next five or six years.

Schafer said:
Stupidest award ever?

Your game looked good, but having not played it, may in fact suck! Yay you!!

1) Lots of people have played it and some of them have reviewed it.

2) And yet, the Best of E3 award is less stupid??

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
snapty00 said:
Why is the Best at E3 award stupid?

It's an award based on HYPE, its completely and utterly pointless. Christ they gave it to Doom 3 in 2003 with nothing but a video to go off of, no hands on time at all.

SolidSnakex said:
If it makes you feel any better, HALO 2 also got the same award.

If MGS3 got it this year and last, and the article states that it beat out over 500 other games (thus implying it is a singular award), then how did Halo 2 win it? Do they give out multiple awards, or are you referring to an equivalent award by some other organization?

They give it to several games. MGS3, DQ8, HALO 2, Wanda, GT4, KH2 ect. are just some of them. Basically awards for games that are going to kick ass and they know it.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
sonycowboy said:
It is called the Game Award Future. How much clearer can that be???

No shit Einstein that's not the point of my disbelief... that fact that an award like that EXISTS... that's my disbelief.

Solid

Kenobi said:
it would be nice if he smiled instead of using that same expression almost all the time.
Hehe, Gamersbg actually named the photos of him to.

Kojima Proud

topic_2004_1029.gif

Kojima Happy

041028_pic02.jpg

Pokerface :D

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
He won an award based on a game that hasn't been released yet?

3D Realms should be given the lifetime achievement award.

Why is the Best at E3 award stupid?

It wasn't at first, but there is a trend developing.

Best of E3 2002 - Doom III
Best of E3 2003 - Half-Life 2
Best of E3 2004 - PSP

The one this year was slightly less retarded, but considering it's a trade show for the american industry, it's still kinda stupid. They should base it on games that are going to be released later in the fall.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
041028_pic02.jpg

"On October 24th 2005 at All Nippon Airways hotel in Tokyo, Hideo Kojima was presented with Game Award Future at 9th CESA Game Award show. MGS4 was chosen over 800 other yet to be released games contending for this award. This award was determined by general polls and opinions of people who visited the 2005 Tokyo Game Show on September 24th - 26th. This is the third consecutive year that an MGS game has won this award for showing great promise in terms of story and gameplay, and besides 2002, is the only year since 1999 that an MGS game has failed to take this accolade.

"I'm speechless" , said a stunned Kojima to a screaming crowd of fans, "not only is the game not on show here today, it is also not in development either." This is exactly what the fans wanted to here. "Look," continued a bemused Kojima, " i thought i made it perfectly clear in the ending of MGS3 that this was the last in the series. Will you people give it up? I want to write movies and direct... and maybe learn to play the piano... "

Kojima had to be taken to a hospital suffering from slight friction burns to the face and fume inhalation after being hit by several pairs of mens y-fronts and boxer shorts , many containing sexual references , with one pair bearing the embroidered moniker : "Your snake in here" on the back - another with "I want to be 'raiden' your pants!" scribbled on in crude felt tip.

Soul4ger

Oh, please, MGS3 is going to own and you all know it. Shut your yaps.

By the way, I like the American boxart for Snake Eater much more than the Japanese. I know, I know, Shinkawa, yadda, yadda, yadda, but I just think it looks cooler...

Top Bottom