• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

High quality ear-bud headphones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I have a pair that I use already (which are decent), but I'm always tempted to hook up my large "DJ style" headphones, which sound absolutely incredible. Of course, those are much too big for active usage, so I'm left with inferior ear buds. However, I'm curious as to whether there are some high quality buds out there or not. I'd love something that could come somewhat close to matching the richness of my large headphones.

Any suggestions?

That's jumping into the deep end.

For basic 'bud' earphones try:
Sennheiser mx400/500 (cheap but don't fit alot of ears)
Sony ex71s/l (s=short, l=long)
Sony 888 (forgot the full model number)

For 'in-ear' phones try:
Shure e2 (good starting price point)
Ety's etc

Actually look at the other reviews on that forum head-fi and find that suits your price.

fart

Savant
earbuds aren't canalphones and canalphones aren't earbuds.

there is no such thing as a high quality earbud. there are shallow canalphones like the sony EX70 that most people think sound like junk and there are the normal earbuds which most people think sound like junk. the closest you're going to get to tolerable is sony e888, senn mx500 and who knows you might find a no name that works for you (like i did with the iriver earbuds). the upside is they're all cheap so just pick a few up and go with the one that you like most. or, get some clip-phones for portables.

yeah I should of made that distinction clearer..

btw dark10x what are cans you already have...
if its sony it shouldn't be that hard :p

depends also what you intend to do, if it's for exercise etc I've heard Shure e2's are quit good for the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom