• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HILL Project, a shoot-em-up in development for PSP

Agent X

My friend just informed me of a game called HILL Project that's in development for PSP. It appears to be some sort of hybrid 2D/3D shoot-em-up game, which was originally in development for PS2 and PC, and was recently moved to PSP instead (it may still be developed and released for other systems). IGN just ran a preview of the game, which you can read if you click here.

hill-project-20041111043952092-000.jpg

The developer is called Gaming Side, and you can click here to visit their Web site (which also has a video of the game).

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
meh. looks like another one of those high-concept-low-playability garage shmups that never actually come out. like xyanide. or that gba shmup/rpg hybrid. i kinda like the visuals, though.

Chittagong

Gold Member
*yawn*

looks like a million other developer pitches coming in. Looks very generic, the only reason for me to fund that would be if it was a technological marvel, or astoundingly well balanced - Treasure style.

It's just that these days, it seems that everyone can create 3D art and whip up tens of pages of concept .docs. But a hell of a lot fewer people can do an innovative and memorable concept with stylish 3D art and then execute it.

To proceed with such I'd need a really solid playable prototype, unless the team had an excellent track record. And doing a great proto costs money and hours. Not to say that couldn't happen though.

Top Bottom