• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman Trilogy HD |OT|

I didn't spot an OT or discussion thread other than the initial news thread when the game was announced, so I thought I'd get a very basic thread going given the game is out in a couple of days.

hitman-hd-trilogy.jpg

Release dates:
January 29 in North America
February 1 in Europe

Summary:
Experience more than 40 intense missions across 3 classic Hitman games, each re-mastered in glorious HD. Whether you're a longtime fan or new to the franchise, this is your opportunity to take on the contracts that defined the series and fully established Agent 47 as the world's deadliest assassin.

Exclusive Art Book for Limited Edition version (first run version) will feature 22 pieces of never before seen reinterpretations of classic moments from Hitman Contracts, Hitman 2 Silent Assassin, and Hitman Blood Money all done by top artists.

Screens:

Box-Art and Art Book:

66666666idj11.png

Is anybody thinking of picking it up?

I haven't played a single Hitman game and was actually considering picking up Absolution when I heard about this. So I'm getting this instead, on the strength of how much people rave about Blood Money and the lukewarm reaction to Absolution.

Is the artbook actually as sizable as it seems in the picture? I'm tempted to get this even though I've played the games on PC, imagine they've had some sort of new work done to them and trophy support would be fun. Suppose I'm waiting to make sure there's no major framerate issues. Definitely a great excuse to replay the series. Cover art is pretty cool as well.

Did they finally decide to just remove that song from Contracts by the way?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Blood Money looks worse than the original Xbox 360 version lol. I'll be picking up regardless being a huge Hitman fan.

Jb

Damn, I thought for sure this would come out during Marchaggedon. Definitely picking it up, if only to play through Contracts again.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Definitely want to try this out due to not playing Contracts in so long. I'm pretty wary of HD ports in general with how they've been coming out, so I'll wait and see what the reception to this one is. Hopefully good.

Nemesis_

I've pre-ordered and paid off my copy already. I kind of hope it's that limited edition with the artbook.

Yawnier

Banned
Hitman 2 and Blood Money were two of my favorite games on the PS2. Never played Contracts.

I probably have put hours upon hours into just replaying random missions in Blood Money, great game.

apesh1t

Banned
What happened to Hitman 1?

Hitman Blood money is really harsh, especially after playing Absolution. The game seems very clunky and slow. I guess it had something that made people actually like the series. Oh and the graphics are high res PS2/XB graphics, with horrible voice acting.

Papercuts

What happened to Hitman 1?

Hitman Blood money is really harsh, especially after playing Absolution. The game seems very clunky and slow. I guess it had something that made people actually like the series. Oh and the graphics are high res PS2/XB graphics, with horrible voice acting.

Codename 47 was somewhat remade with Contracts, which had a reimagining of a lot of the levels in it. It also aged insanely badly.

I'll be getting this. I was incredibly disappointed by Absolution (90% of the time, it played nothing like a Hitman game), and I was planning on picking up Blood Money again when I heard about this coming out.

I may wait until I can get it at a budget price though; I'm not in a huge rush to play it.

Bog

Junior Ace
Contracts aged poorly, or 47 did, and that's why Contracts was made? Can anyone explain the order here since only one damn sequel got a number?

Hobbun

Has anyone heard on the quality of these remasters? I haven’t played any of the Hitman series, but want to make sure these were done right before purchasing.

The PoP remaster, and especially the recent Silent Hill remaster, have done poor jobs.

Nemesis_

did they announce if the "day 1" purchase was coming with the artbook in europe? i can't find anything on it

Yeah, I want to know this too (but for Australia :p)

Has anyone heard on the quality of these remasters? I haven’t played any of the Hitman series, but want to make sure these were done right before purchasing.

The PoP remaster, and especially the recent Silent Hill remaster, have done poor jobs.

Square Enix Montreal are working on the successor to Hitman Absolution.

Perhaps IO Interactive worked on the remasters and now that they're done, they'll also work on the new Hitman?

Papercuts

Contracts aged poorly, or 47 did, and that's why Contracts was made? Can anyone explain the order here since only one damn sequel got a number?

Codename 47 did. Contracts is after Silent Assassin(Hitman 2) and plays much more like that.

That said, the AI can be pretty rough for them.

If you've only played Absolution is this going to be like going from AC3 to AC1? AC1 is so rough around the edges compared to later games its too frustrating to play to play them backwards.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
If you've only played Absolution is this going to be like going from AC3 to AC1? AC1 is so rough around the edges compared to later games its too frustrating to play to play them backwards.

Playing Absolution after Blood Money was the step backwards, not the other way around.

I haven't played Absolution at all, but from what I understand they added a lot of stuff to Absolution that isn't present in this trilogy. I've played all three, Hitman 2 is definitely the "roughest" as in it has the least amount of gameplay advances, but it's still playable. Way different than an AC kind of jump. All three are good games in their own right.

DukeBobby

All 3 games have aged a little, but, in my opinion, they are far better than Absolution.

Sorian

Banned

Playing absolution and then blood money is like playing Banjo-Kazooie Nuts and Bolts and then playing the original Banjo-Kazooie.

Ein Bear

Whilst the artwork itself might look a little... off, it's still far superior to having three separate boxarts under an ugly 'Classics HD' banner. I wish everyone did something like this for their HD Collections.

stn

Wish they included 1 instead of Blood Money, I already have it for 360 (and the original on PC). Still, will probably get this as a huge fan of the franchise.

soultron

Banned
Wish they included 1 instead of Blood Money, I already have it for 360 (and the original on PC). Still, will probably get this as a huge fan of the franchise.

But 1 wasn't ever released on consoles, IIRC? Seems like the reason it's not in there is because it'd have to be a port from the ground up on consoles rather than porting and HD-ifying something that's already been running on PS2/XBOX.

ArjanN

But 1 wasn't ever released on consoles, IIRC? Seems like the reason it's not in there is because it'd have to be a port from the ground up on consoles rather than porting and HD-ifying something that's already been running on PS2/XBOX.

Yeah, Hitman 1 was never on consoles. You're not really missing that much though, Contracts has most of the better missions from 1.

Fruitster

Day 1. It'll be great to play old school Hitman games again. Absolution (although very good in places) just didn't do it for me.

Top Bottom