• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Holy crap, the PStwo is small

I kinda knew what to expect, but the first thing out of my mouth when I took it out of the box was "Holy shit, it's tiny." And it really is. Here's some size comparison relative to two phenomenal DVD cases. :D

PStwo.JPG

And as you can see, it's flush with the height of 2 standard DVD cases.

PStwoheight.JPG

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Thank you for posting these pics!
I was curious at the comparison of a DVD case.

I want one.. but I don't need one... Blah!

Catalyst

Banned
No seriously. Pop in a PSone game and debunk those rumors for us. Can you see if it has texture filtering and all that crap while you're at it? It'd be fantastic.

Yes, the two is less noisy. I have a 30001 and a 50001 and it's quieter than both. I couldn't even tell it was on.

I got this for $150 at, strange enough, Gamerush. They beat out the EB/GS stores getting this.

I haven't had a chance to play a PS game on it yet. I'm thinking I might try out Tales of Destiny 2 on it. You still have to manually select the "Faster" and "Smooth" in the bios screen before putting in a PS game, though.

Catalyst

Banned
Wow, and all my friends were spellbound when I showed them a GameCube for the first time. I'm them right now. :O Pretty.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
keeblerdrow said:
Yes, the two is less noisy. I have a 30001 and a 50001 and it's quieter than both. I couldn't even tell it was on.

I got 50004 (the noticably upgraded PS2 model), and I can't imagine it being anymore quiet than that. You can't tell it's on either.

Damn you! My EB isn't getting in for a week according to them (damn EB Canada's).

I envy you :(

BTW, If anyone gets it at their EB Canada tell me, so that I may bitch them out.

hgplayer1

this has the potential to triple PS2 sales!

a lot of gamers are slobs and will be losing this thing at least once a month

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Someone on the cheapassgamer forum found a Toys R Us selling the new PSTwo, if anyone wants to check

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
hgplayer1 said:
this has the potential to triple PS2 sales!

a lot of gamers are slobs and will be losing this thing at least once a month

Hahahaha, Its the new Excuse!
Its not about DRE's, people just LOST them, muwhwhaha

neptunes

forgot to ask...
Is the boot up GUI the same? (menu etc..)

Just wanted to know, seeing as how they changed it for the ps0ne.

Suikoguy

DeadStar said:
anyone know what Gamestop and EB give for a used PS2?

Gamestop was giving $85 as of Tuesday

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Suikoguy said:
I want one.. but I don't need one... Blah!
I know, I'm in the same goddamn boat. I REALLY REALLY want a new PS2 (top loading rocks you horrible monsters) but damnit I need a DS.

Top Bottom