• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Holy crap. These Lamourghinis are fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pimpwerx

http://www.norcalevo.net/video/motegibattle.wmv

Some race of exotic cars at Motegi. Fucking awesome if you ask me. I'm sure others have seen it, but I'm new to this. This guy dominates in an NSX for the whole race, but the Lambos just eat him alive on the last lap. Pretty damn cool. They are fast ass cars indeed. I thought they were only good in a straight line. There's a BMW that blows the doors off this 360 Modena. Matter of fact, the Ferrari looks worst of the bunch. :( I can't imagine that. I'm sure the Enzo would dominate them all though. PEACE.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
As a lambo fan since the days of the Miura and the long running Countach all the way up the Gallardo today.. I have to thank you for that clip... so cool....

Shinobi

I went right by a parked silver Lambo Murcielago on a bus yesterday...I was in shock. Only the second time I've seen a non-Contauch Lambo on the road.

BTW, the McLaren F1 would eat everything up...just the way it is. But I'd be just fine getting passed while driving a 360 Modena.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
As beautiful as Lambos are, nothing tops these beauties...

Monegasque Centenaire

coeur127.jpg

coeur131.jpg

mcacentenaire_01.jpg

mcacentenaire_02.jpg

Sexiest fuckin car EVER

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
That thing is fucking *ugly!*

The video rocked, though. There are two Gallardos in all of NY and I saw one near my brother's house a few weeks ago -- what a fucking sight. I also saw a Murcielago around there too. And as far as pronouncing "Porsche", it can be pronounced "porsh-ah" or "porsh." And for the record it's not "Moor-cee-a-lago", it's Moor-chi-a-lago." The announcer was annoying.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
R U insane? It's teh beautiful!! Check out the MCA GTB then...

AlphaSnake said:
That thing is fucking *ugly!*

And as far as pronouncing "Porsche", it can be pronounced "porsh-ah" or "porsh."

Wrong. There is only one correct way to pronounce Porsche. It is a last name, afterall. Not something that translates differently into other languages.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Poor isamu :( I'll support him by saying that i would love to have that car, if i would win it in a contest or was given by the manufacturer.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Shogmaster said:
Jesus christ! You were serious about that in that one thread? @_o

It's a kit car dude. An ugly one at that. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that, but that thing is hedious!

Gonna have to agree here... that car looks pretty poor.

Pimpwerx

I say Porsche as "porsh-ah" sometimes b/c I like the sound. Same thing with "jag-you-are". Some things the Brits say just sound so swank. Anyway, that video owns on so many levels. It's one thing to see close racing like that, it's another to see it with exotic supercars. I imagine this is the stuff Carmack and his cronies used to do when iD was on top of the world. Crazy.

BTW, search around that site and you'll find a vid of the Lotus Exige review from Top Gear TV. Goddamn, now that's a fucking car. "I would kill someone...in front of their own momma to get that car." ;) The guy doing the review is pretty cool too. He did the Skyline one too where he basically just took it out to an open airfield and drifted it all over the place. How do I get a job like that? ;) PEACE.

robox

whoa, such a cool vid. lambo ovapowa. too bad the gallardo was black... couldn't get a good look at the details.

but you gotta respect the nsx-r. with the lowest power output of all cars, it still did so well.

AlphaSnake

Error Macro said:
Wrong. There is only one correct way to pronounce Porsche. It is a last name, afterall. Not something that translates differently into other languages.

When Porsche themselves pronounces it without an "ah" at the end, it kind of goes to show you that I'm very much correct. I've seen various Porsche commercials over the past 10 years, and I specifically remember hearing both pronounciations used. Current commercials say "Porsh-ah".

RBX: NSX is pretty even when you consider how much less it weighs compared to the others.

AlphaSnake said:
When Porsche themselves pronounces it without an "ah" at the end, it kind of goes to show you that I'm very much correct. I've seen various Porsche commercials over the past 10 years, and I specifically remember hearing both pronounciations used. Current commercials say "Porsh-ah".

No, Dr. Porsche was a real man, with a real name, and the only time that any commercials mispronounced his name was when some idiots in American produced commercials from the late 80's did, IIRC.

I don't know why you keep trying to argue this point; it's pretty obvious that you have some ego problem that won't allow you to accept that they way you've been pronouncing Porsche has been wrong your entire life. :p

Do you know the correct pronunciation of Porsche? While the “proper” way to pronounce some German terms in English may be debatable, this isn't one of them. Porsche is a family name, and the family members pronounce their surname PORSH-ah, not PORSH! Same for the car. You don't say NYKE for Nike, so don't be lazy and leave off the e in Porsche! Porsche's U.S. TV commercials pronounce the name correctly and so should you.

http://german.about.com/library/weekly/aa020401b.htm

AlphaSnake

Error Macro said:
No, Dr. Porsche was a real man, with a real name, and the only time that any commercials mispronounced his name was when some idiots in American produced commercials from the late 80's did, IIRC.

I don't know why you keep trying to argue this point; it's pretty obvious that you have some ego problem that won't allow you to accept that they way you've been pronouncing Porsche has been wrong your entire life. :p

http://german.about.com/library/weekly/aa020401b.htm

Keep trying to argue? Uhh, I only argued it once with you by saying it's acceptable to say both. I've never pronounced it "Porsh" and have always added the "Ah" at the end, because I know very well that that is the correct way to pronounce it. It's pretty obvious you're the one with the ego problem because you're the one already getting heated about it... :\

AlphaSnake

Oh and, to go on topic: I saw a yellow Countach today on my way to the office. Man did it sound incredible.

AlphaSnake said:
Keep trying to argue? Uhh, I only argued it once with you by saying it's acceptable to say both. I've never pronounced it "Porsh" and have always added the "Ah" at the end, because I know very well that that is the correct way to pronounce it. It's pretty obvious you're the one with the ego problem because you're the one already getting heated about it... :\

FUCK YOU DIPSHIT I'M NOT GETTING ANGRY ABOUT IT I'M NOT MAD CAN'T YOU TELL BY THE SMILIES AT THE END OF MY POSTS????

DO I HAVE TO FUCKING POST IT LIKE 5,000 TIMES FOR YOUR BRAIN TO COMPREHEND?? LOOK: :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p OK SO THAT'S NOT 5,000 TIMES BUT YOU GET THE IDEA!!!

ALSO, I DON'T HAVE AN EGO I JUST THINK I'M WAY BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY WAY POSSIBLE

AlphaSnake

Error Macro said:
FUCK YOU DIPSHIT I'M NOT GETTING ANGRY ABOUT IT I'M NOT MAD CAN'T YOU TELL BY THE SMILIES AT THE END OF MY POSTS????

DO I HAVE TO FUCKING POST IT LIKE 5,000 TIMES FOR YOUR BRAIN TO COMPREHEND?? LOOK: :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p OK SO THAT'S NOT 5,000 TIMES BUT YOU GET THE IDEA!!!

ALSO, I DON'T HAVE AN EGO I JUST THINK I'M WAY BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY WAY POSSIBLE

My Firefox is hit and miss with this forum's emoticons.

Haha, it's cool dude. Sorry about the emoticon thing not showing up. I can see why you would have got the impression you did from my post. Trust me, it was totally tongue-in-cheek.

Rock on, my brotha.

isamu

The Bookerman said:
It's one ugly car, it's like an illegimate child of a Ferrari and a Lamborghini.

but you'd drive it to pick up chicks anyway, right?

It may not be the most gorgeous car in the world, ut it kicks the shit outta somethin like say, Nissan Z or an Acura NSX. Hell, I'd take it over a Ferrari Modena...a car that to me, is ugly and overrated.

Sorry if you can call this an ugly car, well....

8car0.jpg

nitewulf

Buggy Loop said:
Poor isamu :( I'll support him by saying that i would love to have that car, if i would win it in a contest or was given by the manufacturer.

yeah, and then i'd sell it and buy a porsche or a ferrari, depending on how much money i sold it for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom