• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Holy shit, I just scored $50 from Paypal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.settlement4onlinepayments.com/

Earlier this January, I had a nasty ordeal with Paypal. I sold some women a game on Ebay, and recieved payment and mailed it. When I tried to buy something a few weeks later, I couldn't pay for it because my account was now limited, this bitch had been impatient and filed a non-recipt complaint against me, resulting in automatic lockdown. I told customer service of the situation and they either ignored me or told me that since I didn't have delivery confirmation, I was screwed.

Then, after months of attempting to email this women, she finally replies and ADMITS she recieved the game, and that she basically didn't know how to remove the complaint. I told this to Paypal. "Go fuck yourself," they replied. So after getting slapped with negative feedback for the first time because of some old auction that I couldn't pay for because of this shit, I finally caved in and "refunded" this idiot $40, the only way I could release my account. I sent explicit instructions to her to repay my money, and incredibly a month later she did. But the damage was done.

But now apparently Paypal has been sued for their shitty customer service, and EVERYONE who uses Paypal gets a little money. People like me, however, with legitimate complaints, get an automatic $50. Thank God for the fucked-up American civil justice system. Sometimes it falls into place.

i still don't get why i had to 'verify' my credit card with a $1.95 charge that they just go back and credit to my account just to pay for an ebay auction i won...

a. Short Form Claimants
The Short Claim Form requires you to provide certain identifying information and sign a statement under penalty of perjury, which may be verified using PayPal's records, that you experienced an unauthorized or incorrect electronic transfer or an account limitation or denial of access to your account. If you make a timely, valid claim using the Short Claim Form, you will receive a payment of $50, unless the amount needed to pay all of the Short Form claims exceeds the Short Form Fund.

b. Long Form Claimants
The Long Claim Form requires you to provide certain identifying information; give the details of the account restriction(s) and/or unauthorized electronic fund transfer(s) you experienced; state the amount of your claim, and sign a statement, under penalty of perjury, which may be subject to verification by PayPal's records, that you actually suffered the claimed damages. You should also provide any documentation you have that will support your claim, as explained in more detail on the Long Form.

I don't qualify for either of these, so no settlement money for me.

Doogdogg

Got this too!

Note, only if you opened an account between Oct '99 through Jan '04, if not, you do not qualified or on one of the non qualified countries.

I don't think we'll get anywhere near $50. Damn lawyers ask for 3.3 million in fees, etc. The rest will be devided up. Suppose a million peeps does it. We'll get a whopping $5.81 each!

Or if you have undispute with them, you have to file statutory damages. There is like $1 million in that pool and I guess most will file in this area. Possibly a $.10 each settlement...... fuck, not even enough to cover the stamp to shipped. :p

snaildog

I got the email too, thought it might be a hoax. Do you have to have had a complaint in the past though? Do you still fill out the form if you've had no complaints?

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
I have Paypal.. but they have never screwed me in any way surprisingly. Do I still get money?

Shompola

Banned
Man paypal really does suck. For example when you get a new CC and the old one expires, there is no way to verify yourself to the new CC. So that means that they'll put a limit on you. I canceled my account and just made a new one wich apparently fixed the problem. Shitty service.

snaildog

Reading that first post reminded me that every damn time something's gone wrong on Ebay it's been with a woman. I'm not being sexist, it's just an observation. One couldn't install a game I sent her, one sent me the wrong type of memory card and tried to lie her way out of it, one said she accepted international orders on her auction but then her account wouldn't accept international payments, which was of course my fault. Keep them away from the computers, please.

goodcow

karasu said:
is there anything you can use Pay Pal for outside of Ebay?

Yes... you can use it for anyone who accepts PayPal payments for goods or services, or donations, like for goodcowfilms.com. *cough*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom