• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Home Run Contest

DrGAKMAN

Banned
I'm just wondering where everyone stands on this in Super Smash Bros.: Melee. We recently got back into it and the Home Run Contest is so fun, 'cos I have a couple of friends who think they can challenge me. I'm especially proud of my Ganondorf & Samus scores 'cos I don't think I've heard of any better. And I know the rest aren't too too impressive (especially hearing that Yoshi can easily break 2000 ft), but the Captain Falcon one my friends set is also the highest I know of. Is there some kind of rankings site for this?

1789.1 Ganondorf
1633.2 Yoshi
1302.2 Captain Falcon
1264.4 Dr Mario
1250.0 Samus
1234.6 Mewtwo
1098.4 Luigi
1078.7 Star Fox
1051.2 Mario
1042.0 Ice Climbers
1028.5 Bowser
1026.9 Zelda
982.9 Jigglypuff
970.1 Peach
940.3 Roy
922.6 Pichu
882.2 Link
877.6 Mr. Game & Watch
837.6 Young Link
828.4 Falco
815.9 Pikachu
804.8 Kirby
792.3 Marth
731.6 Ness
573.5 DK

Total High Score: 25,756.2 Ft.

EDIT: Found this site that suppossedly has high scores and this one dude got like each character over 2000 Ft. and suppossedly Ganondorf at over 5000 Ft. I just didn't believe it, went back to try a different method of playing with Ganondorf and I sware the dude MUST have had some kind of cheat, 'cos it's just too unbelievable. And all the other scores were unbelievable too...the only one I was close to was the top Samus score. There was no how to's or videos or pics to prove it so until I see proof I don't believe it.

LakeEarth

Oh I really sucked at the Homerun contest. I just played it until I unlocked whatever playing the homerun contest unlocked (it has been a long while since I popped that game in), and I just left it after that.

I remember seeing some awsome videos a long time ago, but I have no clue where to find them.

Lathentar

Looking for Pants
Wow, you have no idea.

So Gannondorf can get it absurdly far with some bat throws and a reverse warlock punch. My friend spent two hours getting it right, he finally did it and it fell off the map. In the first version of the game, the stage ends around 5,000 ft. Fun stuff huh.

Top Bottom