• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Home theater/audio system questions and recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Septimus

So I currently have my 5.1 setup with a Yahama receiver (from around 2006, no hdmi just optical) and Sony speakers.

It has served me really well but I'm moving and figured I will give it to my parents and get something new.

Do wireless 5.1/7.1 speakers work well? I assume the ones that are wireless have only the rear speakers as such.

Any advice/recommendations? Not having to see/deal with speaker wire would be nice for sure.

Goliath

I have a Samsung 7.1 3D Home Theater set up with wireless rear speakers. Best Home theater set up I have had so far. Sound is great, player works great and is smart and the rear wireless speakers have never had any issues. No more area carpets, lol.

I wish I could help, but I don't have any experience with wireless speakers. However, if I were you I would explore the issue at http://www.avsforum.com. Their forums cover just about every known topic, and they're stocked with a lot of extremely knowledgeable -- if somewhat maniacal -- audiophiles.

Septimus

AVSforum seems a bit intimidating. But good to know that the wireless rear speakers work well! I definitely want to get some. I assume you're talking about the HT-H7730WM/ZA?

AVSforum seems a bit intimidating. But good to know that the wireless rear speakers work well! I definitely want to get some. I assume you're talking about the HT-H7730WM/ZA?

It is, and you definitely need to invest some time over there, but it could be worth it. I've gleaned a ton of information over there -- from TV calibration settings to home theater suggestions -- and I've always been happy with the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom