• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hooters debuts new late-night after 10 PM menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Hooters debuts late-night menu:

Hooters introduced its first-ever late-night menu this week, offering a half-price promotion on select “signature” appetizers after 10 p.m. every day.

The new menu includes many appetizers already available on the company’s bar menu, including Buffalo chicken sliders, fried pickle chips, quesadillas, cheese sticks, burger sliders and tater tots.
Bar menu items vary slightly by Hooters location and region, the company said.

New menu items include Lotsa Tots and Fried Pickles:

76uUjUD.jpg

The goal of the late-night menu is to cater to “night owls” and attract a wider array of consumers to the restaurants, said Hooters chief marketing officer Dave Henninger in a statement.

“In 2012 we introduced our expanded full menu with even more salads, sandwiches and seafood dishes for options that appeal to broader audiences,” he said in an email. “The Hooters late-night menu continues that commitment.”

Other casual-dining chains, such as Orlando, Fla.-based Smokey Bones, have run promotional late-night deals in an effort to boost sales. According to Smokey Bones chief executive Chris Artinian, 10 p.m.–2 a.m. is the fastest-growing part of his business.

“The daypart of late night, for us, is just continuing to get stronger and stronger,” said Roger Drake, senior vice president of marketing at Smokey Bones.

In 2012, Hooters launched a brand refresh that included upgrades to its menu and marketing. For the revamp, the chain developed 30 new salads, as well as more better-for-you and sharable items.

As with the new half-price late-night menu, the goal of the menu overhaul last year was to attract lapsed and new consumers.

Atlanta-based Hooters of America LLC has more than 412 locations systemwide.

Cmagus

We have one that opened near our place I had the chicken sandwich last night. Pretty average but not bad. I tried the deep friend pickles that my buddy got wasn't a big fan.

I've been to a Hooters once. We got a plate of Buffalo Wings, and, uh, there was, a, uh, deep fried feather in the pile.

Never again.

It's a really strange place. Like in this weird nexus of social uncomfortableness--like, it's not a strip club, where the women are stuffing dollar bills into their thongs, so I'm not really sure what the proper social conduct is for engaging your waitresses. Is it for people who would like to go to strip clubs but are too shy? I really don't understand the point.

Xece

Banned
For what reason do people actually go to hooters? The food sucks and you're better off at a strip club if you want girls.

AColdDay

I had a great time the last time I went to Hooters. I went with few buddies and we watched an MMA fight. The place was packed and even though I don't care a thing in the world about MMA, I was getting into it just because the atmosphere. We all got super drunk and I ate one of the greatest cheeseburgers of my life.

I left the waitress a big tip because dealing with a bunch of drunk dude is a hard day's work.

Saucy_XL

Banned
Only been to Hooters once but it was super laid back. People were watching the game, chit chatting. Sometimes the waitress/bartenders would lend their opinions. Couple wives/girlfriends there who seemed to enjoy it (almost) as much as the guys. Overall a pretty good experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom