• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horror/Sci-Fi film - The Platform is getting a Sequel!

bitbydeath

For those not in the know The Platform is about a prison where once a day food is added to an elevator like platform that starts at the top, and prisoners eat what they can before it goes to the next level, getting less and less the further it drops for those below.

images

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
For those not in the know The Platform is about a prison where once a day food is added to an elevator like platform that starts at the top, and prisoners eat what they can before it goes to the next level, getting less and less the further it drops for those below.

images

How did you like it?

jason10mm

Gold Member
It was all right. An interesting take on humans inability to cooperate when there is no immediate reason to do so.

Doczu

Looks like they needed some filler after The 8 Show?

Liked the first one, ending was kinda meh, but the concept was top class.

But it was made a few years back by a slightly less.retarded Netflix so i'm kinda not holding up my hope for this one

jason10mm

Gold Member
I could go for a new Cube, written seriously (lots of character drama), and with a decent budget
Aren't there like 2 sequels to Cube already? Or was one a prequel, where they are making parts for it but have no idea how it all comes together? I forget.

I feel like Cube and The platform are cool concepts but don't need much explanation. It's like The Purge or any of these Battle Royale rip-offs, the less you explain (or explore) the WHY, the better it is. It's like that Circle film with the 50 people, the concept is real loose, it's really about the characters trying to 'solve' the puzzle thats the draw for me.

xrnzaaas

The premise of the first movie sounded like an excuse to bitch about the unfair treatment of some people in modern society. Maybe I'm plain wrong, but it wasn't interesting enough to check it out.

I'd definitely watch a new Cube movie though.

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
Aren't there like 2 sequels to Cube already? Or was one a prequel, where they are making parts for it but have no idea how it all comes together? I forget.

I feel like Cube and The platform are cool concepts but don't need much explanation. It's like The Purge or any of these Battle Royale rip-offs, the less you explain (or explore) the WHY, the better it is. It's like that Circle film with the 50 people, the concept is real loose, it's really about the characters trying to 'solve' the puzzle thats the draw for me.

I love the first Cube. The other Cube movies I enjoyed too despite both not being as good as the first one

I can't wait for Welcome To Derry. I love the new It movies and I'm a big fan of the book
I wasn't allowed to watch horror movies growing up. So i missed out on alot. Both the new IT's were great. I haven't read the book. I need to.

Welcome to Derry should be sick. They did a great job on pennywise in the new movies. Maybe they will release it around Halloween like the movies did.

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
I wasn't allowed to watch horror movies growing up. So i missed out on alot. Both the new IT's were great. I haven't read the book. I need to.

Welcome to Derry should be sick. They did a great job on pennywise in the new movies. Maybe they will release it around Halloween like the movies did.

It's a chonker of a book though. It's still my favorite version of the story. I highly recommend it if you don't mind long books. As for horror I just started watching ten years ago. Was able to discover some fantastic stuff

It's a chonker of a book though. It's still my favorite version of the story. I highly recommend it if you don't mind long books. As for horror I just started watching ten years ago. Was able to discover some fantastic stuff
I don't mind long books. I might even listen to it if its in audible book format. My favorite horror games are RE7, Village, Until Dawn, and Dark Pictures Horror Games. As for horror movies, some of my favorites were insidious, stranger things, jeepers creepers, the ring, the descent, scary stories to tell in the dark, and escape room. Im sure there are many more. I just can't remember names.

Last edited:
Top Bottom