• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee 2

The_Joint

This game was made for online, and online it does have.

Unfortunately the communicating is limited, with just the use of preset phrases.

The workaround for this is a site called... Hotshotsgolf.com

There they have a chatroom thingie and a small community of Open Tee 2 players. Often there's someone hanging around in the chatroom that will play. They have a ladder play system for the achievements whores and right now one ongoing weekly tournament. I have played there (used to play there quite often), and having what is basically an IRC channel that's on the website dedicated to the game is convenient. Makes it really easy to set up a match on the domestic server so the loot whores can get all the items.

The other option is waiting around in the G0 section for other random/anonymous people to play with. If you do this the best time is around 4 a.m - 8 a.m. EST. That's because that happens to be the evening time over in Japan. There's no problem finding opponents then. Not so surprisingly, if you're in the chatroom with someone and you both join the same G0 tournament it's a little more interesting and fun.

So that's it as far as I know for organized play for English speakers, the chatroom/boards at hotshotsgolf.com. Last year there was a little bit of organized play that was coordinated on the PSN boards and on GameFAQs but that's all died now.

If anyone wants a match so that they can collect some of the many online-only items post here or shoot me a PM.

Top Bottom