• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hotmail to increase storage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
adelgary said:
I knew this was going to happen, great news as hotmail is my primary email and I always have MSN Messenger open.

How is hotmail these days? And does it only work well with IE? How are the spam filters? and regular filters?

DarienA said:
How is hotmail these days? And does it only work well with IE? How are the spam filters? and regular filters?

I've been using hotmail as my primary email for MANY years now, and haven't used much else except for the ocassional sign up here and there, so I don't really have a good frame of reference to compare it to.

I also only use IE, so I can't answer that question either.

Spam filter has improved a lot lately, and I have my filter set to "Exclusive" which means only emails from people on my address book and contact list (MSN) are delivered to my inbox, everything else goes to the Junk Mail folder.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Is this for the free hotmail service or paid service? If paid, I don't give a shit.....I can get free email elsewhere. If free, then THANK FUCKING GOD. I only stick with hotmail because that's what I've been using for years and it would be a bitch to switch, but the shit fills up WAY too fast.

Azih

Hotmail is still suck, their stupid method of opening up links in emails annoys the hell out of me.

And now with my Gmail, yahoo, and hotmail I've got a grand total of 1.35 Gigs of mail space. What the hell am I supposed to be doing with this?

ge-man

Good times for free email. I hadn't been paying attention lately to all this stuff, but I was pleasantly surprised to find my Yahoo account bumped up to 100MB from a craptastic 4MB.

Mairu

Now all google needs to do is offer free webhosting to drive down the costs of hosting/drive up the space/bandwidth given!

Go google go!

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
It is kinda funny thinking about gmail's 1GB of storage vs Hotmails's 2mb. No wonder they're upping it.

But seriously I've been wondering, how can Google afford to give 1GB for free to every person? What's the cheapest storage medium they could use? HDDs aren't THAT cheap are they?

i have a yahoo and hotmail account, yahoo just upgraded to 100MB... but i was already paying $9.99 a year for an upgraded account... they upgraded me to 2 gig for that, which will be $19.99 , but they said they'll only charge me $9.99 for the first year since that was what I was paying.

ill keep my hotmail account non-ugpraded as i dont use it as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom