• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How best to install Baldur's Gate 2: The Collection??

teiresias

OK, for those who don't know, The Collection comes with Shadows of Amn, some Bonus Disk for SoA (which I believe is just the content from the collectors of edition of SoA), and then the expansion Throne of Baahl. Should I install everything, or should I install just SoA (along with the bonus disk?), finish it, and then install ToB? I read somewhere that once you go into ToB you can't get back out so I'd hate to not finish SoA and inadvertantly go into ToB and not be able to get back to the original game or something.

Also, does anyone know which, if any, patches, the collection version requires?

I haven't finished Baldur's Gate I yet, but I'm doing much better thanks to the hints some people gave in the other topic (taking my time, enjoying the sidequests, and not feeling like I need to rush on to the next main plot point immediately - though I still feel it would be nice to have some indication of what level you should be before attempting a certain quest).

Anyway, thanks guys.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Install all of it. You start ToB immediately after the end of SoA...it's not going to happen accidentally.

Top Bottom