• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How big is Halo2?

mumu

Did someone give Halo2 85% or less? I wonder how much of the average rating is because of the hype (seriously, not trying to troll).

Rhindle

How big is "Halo 2"? Gary Cooper, an analyst for Banc of America Securities, expects the game to sell upwards to 3.5 million copies by Dec. 31. In an October note to investors, Cooper said the release of "Halo 2" could be "the event of the year" -- despite the fact that "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas" is likely to sell more total copies.

Michael Pachter said:
Gary Cooper suck at predictions!! This game will sell eleventy billions copies by the time I get back from lunch!

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
It was kind of cool, last night on NPR's Marketplace program they opened with "Hello to you....or rather Halo 2." They went into a big discussion about how much money it will make, the skills video games teach to people, and how there is a true generation gap with anyone 35 and under when it comes to accepting games as an everyday medium.

mumu said:
Did someone give Halo2 85% or less? I wonder how much of the average rating is because of the hype (seriously, not trying to troll).

It'll be up to 100% as the rabid Xbots continue their march to have any non-perfect review removed. Green Power! :D

snapty00

Banned
mumu said:
We'll find out in six months to a year. We can assume that the game was fairly rated if a bunch of "Where We Went Wrong With The Halo 2 Review" editorials don't spring up in 2005.

How many hours does it take to beat Halo 2? I did NOT just spend $50 on Halo 2 for its single player if it's only going to be 5 hours long. Fuck.

I should have waited till Metroid Prime 2.

thorns

Banned
Lemurnator said:
How many hours does it take to beat Halo 2? I did NOT just spend $50 on Halo 2 for its single player if it's only going to be 5 hours long. Fuck.

5 hours? :lol
I like how somebody says ~12, then it becomes 10, then it becomes 8, then it becomes 5.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Lemurnator said:

5 hours long? Does everyone subtract an hour or 10 every time it comes up?

Besides, MP is an 8.5 game, not worth full price.

Lemurnator said:

Stop shorting the game. This game has been reported any number of times to be 8 hours or so, with up to 12 on legendary.

GhaleonEB

sonycowboy said:

Stop shorting the game. This game has been reported any number of times to be 8 hours or so, with up to 12 on legendary.

I'm playing on Heroic and have put four hours in - and I just got to New Mombasa.

I don't think Bungie did themselves any favors with how they handled print reviews. By only allowing a limited time with the game, over a day or two, they forced them to sprint through the game just to see it all in time. Most players are taking more time to explore, experiment and tinker the way the game was designed to let you. The result is a much longer play-through, but because of the print reviewers sprinted through in ten hours or so the game's length is getting a bad rep.

If the game continues at this pace, I'll have put in over 15 hours before the end - with lots of new ways to play through that I'm already looking forward to (not to mention Legendary - which can easily double play time in the first Halo).

IJoel

It's ridiculous how some are misleading with their reported completion times. I've played about 10 hours already and still have 3 full chapters to go.

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
If anyone can beat this game on legendary in 12 hours, then they're my new god.

I clearly should have used my :p or [/sarcasm] tag. We get the same crap from everytime someone reports a game is short and then it creeps shorter and shorter constantly (ala Fable).

seriously, it's 12 hours first time thru on heroic...

and thats with almost no dying except at the end...

that's around the standard length though, right?

:)

awesome game, and i actually liked the end!

and multiplayer online is like a drug...

between Halo 2 and DOAU i'm addicted to LIVE!

IJoel said:
It's ridiculous how some are misleading with their reported completion times. I've played about 10 hours already and still have 3 full chapters to go.
And I beat the game in 5-6 hours my first time (on normal). I guess you must be lying.

Mike Works said:
And I beat the game in 5-6 hours my first time (on normal). I guess you must be lying.

That sounds ridiculous. You must have absolutely rushed through the game if you got through it that fast on your first play-through. Maybe you ran from a lot of battles or something just to get to that next checkpoint, I dunno. Talk about inhaling your food though, geez. That or you are a really bad judge of time.

PanopticBlue said:
That sounds ridiculous. You must have absolutely rushed through the game if you got through it that fast on your first play-through. Maybe you ran from a lot of battles or something just to get to that next checkpoint, I dunno. Talk about inhaling your food though, geez. That or you are a really bad judge of time.
Run from battles? I'm from Canada, but not Quebec. And considering I started playing campaign at 6:00pm and finished at quarter after midnight- and I went out for dinner for half an hour inbetween that time, then you tell me how long it took me to beat it, because I must be a terrible judge of time, since there's no way humanly possible that anyone could beat the game in under 70 hours.

Mike Works said:
Run from battles? I'm from Canada, but not Quebec. And considering I started playing campaign at 6:00pm and finished at quarter after midnight- and I went out for dinner for half an hour inbetween that time, then you tell me how long it took me to beat it, because I must be a terrible judge of time, since there's no way humanly possible that anyone could beat the game in under 70 hours.

I didn't say it was impossible. Certainly the possibility of badly judging how long it actually took is there, when someone says they finished in 5-6 hours their first time.

Anyway, I said:

PanopticBlue said:
You must have absolutely rushed through the game if you got through it that fast on your first play-through.
Which appears to be the case then. My point being, 5-6 hours first-time play-through is not going to be common for most people. To get through it that fast, you had to positively inhale it.

it's definitely possible on you just haul ass and use vehicles often and just bypass enemies in certain areas... which is alot easier in normal where their aim is shit...

From what I've been told and played..

Guide to Halo 2 difficulty :-

Normal :- 8-10 Hours (Easier than Halo Normal)
Heroic :- 10-20 Hours (Harder than Halo Heroic, much greater scope for difference)
Legendary >25 Hours ( WAAAAY harder than Halo Legendary - anyone can do Halo 2 legendary less than 25 hours gets tha cap off from me - I'm already at about 8 hours and am only on level 3)

All the reviews saying a short single player campaign seem to come from the fact that reviewers had to play in one night to review, therefore generally had to play on Normal to ensure they got thru the whole game.

DO NOT PLAY HALO 2 on NORMAL.

It is a disservice to the game as far as I'm concerned.

Top Bottom