• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How can I revive a GBA Cart?

suikodan

I have several GBA carts that stopped working, mainly WarioWare and Pokémon Sapphire. When I boot them, it shows the GBA animation and then goes into a white screen and doesn't move.

I tried blowing them but the only difference that makes is the nintendo graphics that's garbled.

Of course, it does that on several GBAs so it's not the console itself.

Anyone?

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Even with a dead save battery the games should load and, generally, give some sort of saving error message. You could try swabing the contacts on the cartiridges with some alchohol or something, but other than that they may just be shot...

mosaic

go eat paint
Yeah, wow, I play my games to death and abuse them to no end, and I haven't had any issues with GBA carts. Sounds like the contacts got oxidized somehow. You live in a humid, salty climate?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Did you buy the games from Ebay? Are the carts authentic? Look through the bottom of the cart and see if it has the Nintendo logo on the chip thingy

ferricide

jeez, try cleaning them i guess. isopropyl alchohol on a Q-tip.

but seriously, what are you doing to these things? do you keep them in your ass when you're not playing them?

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Only thing left to try is
icon-feather.gif

suikodan

Wario64 said:
Did you buy the games from Ebay? Are the carts authentic? Look through the bottom of the cart and see if it has the Nintendo logo on the chip thingy

I bought WW and Pokemon both from a EBGames store. It also happened with Aria of Sorrow which we received from Konami for review purposes. All is retail and legit as I learned my lesson from Ebay and the Indonesian guy who's selling vintage carts. *sarcasm

As for keeping them in my ass, sorry to disappoint you ass-loving people but I keep them in their boxes. The only thing that would have happened is too much dust.

Thanks anyways for your educational input, I didn't know that games could be stored in your ass or eaten in a salsa.

Top Bottom