• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How did SMS end exactly?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Never did finish it, got about 60 or so shines and kept getting trumped by that weird lava boatride level near the end(and people thought the final warthog level in Halo was annoying!) but my GC card got formatted soon after accidentally and I pawned the game.

Lately I have been sort of curious about the final encounter, it's I believe the first Mario game I couldn't enjoy enough to complete. What was it? And what was the bonus for getting all shines?

cvxfreak

Mario beats Bowser and Jr. and saves Peach. FLUDD gets damaged but gets repaired. Then their vacation begins. Bowser and Jr. discover that Peach isn't their mommy.

cvxfreak

It takes place in a pool of hot stuff (I forget if its hot lava or hot water) suspended in the sky. Mario has to run to five or six points around the pool, shoot FLUDD up into the air and pound down to cause the pool to capsize. Bowser and Jr. try to shoot Mario with Bullet Bills. Once all six points are pounded on, the battle ends.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
shitty. bowser and jr. sit in a rock bathtub above a volcano, launch...stuff at you, and slow the framerate to a crawl. iirc you destroy the bathtub by boosting with fludd and then butt-stomping.

incidentally, what happened to the koopa kids? bowser jr. is a poor replacement.

Chipopo

Banned
Bowser and Jr. are in a tremendous bathtub with Peach (yes, a bathtub). You run around the bathtubs edge while fire and heat seaking missles are flung at you. There are platforms all along the bathtub that can be destroyed by rocketing up in the air and butt stomping. You do this 5 or 6 times. Game ends. Dissapointment sets in.

edit: If Buddhist philosophy hadn't taught me time is an illusion I would be very upset by that 1 minute Drohne has on me. And the 2 CVX has.

Xellos

The Koopa kids were most recently in
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga for GBA.

As for the 120 shine prize, IIRC it was
some sunglasses that make the screen darker and a tropical t-shirt for Mario

xexex

Banned
How did SMS end exactly?

with the introduction of the Genesis
by using the SMS as the basis for the GameGear

oh wait you must be talking about Super Mario Sunshine. my bad :lol

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Ok, sounds stupid. Wasn't sure if I was missing out on some crazy cool mecha-Bowser fisticuffs match or something.

Come to think of it, I do now remember the forum's disdain over the sunglasses as a reward for shines all those years back.

Memles

You guys forgot to mention that the long platforms, after you stomp them, disintegrate and you have to traverse back...which is pure luck, more of the time. An annoying and stupid boss battle.

Phoenix

It ends with Peach taking a dump on Yamauchi's chest for allowing such a bad game to be developed using the Mario brand

I think SMS is the only game with collectables this generation in which I collected everything there is to collect. I was addicted to it...

I got 99% of Jak & Daxter, but I got all the power cells. I heard I had to get every precursor orb to get 100%, there is no way i'd do that.

Top Bottom