• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'How Did This Get Made?' podcast appreciation thread

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
So what do you say guys - watch Street Fighter all the way through before listening to the episode?

And I'm so bummed. I only have 5 episodes left that I haven't listened to. And the only reason I haven't listened to them yet is because I'd kinda like to see the movies first.

The Tourist
Green Lantern
Crank 2
Skyline
The Wicker Man

Watch the whole thing.

You have been blowing through the episodes lol.

lunchtoast

Today I listened to

Jingle all the Way
Superman I-III
Birdemic

The Superman ones were great. I never watched III, so I didn't realize how goofy it was. I-II was good, but I wish they talked about the movie more and not just interview.

^ I assumed I had seen Superman 3 as a kid but I don't think I did either because I don't remember a single thing they talked about. It sounded insane. And despite that Jack O'Hallaran guy sounding like he was doing a lot of bullshitting it still sounds like there was a lot of crazy stories that could be told about production of the Superman movies. Somebody should make a book about it.

Watch the whole thing.

You have been blowing through the episodes lol.

Yeah and the crazy part is I've been sorta trying to pace myself. Despite that though its mostly what I listen to when I have free time to sit in front of the computer at home.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Today I listened to

Jingle all the Way
Superman I-III
Birdemic

The Superman ones were great. I never watched III, so I didn't realize how goofy it was. I-II was good, but I wish they talked about the movie more and not just interview.

I don't like the episodes that feature a director, or actors(the only exception being the Birdemic episode), as they tend to be more stories based, or a interview-ish podcast.

Yeah and the crazy part is I've been sorta trying to pace myself. Despite that though its mostly what I listen to when I have free time to sit in front of the computer at home.

I would be with you, in terms of finishing all of them, if I haven't decided to watch the movies first.

Can always count on the boards:
ZWWPuEr.jpg

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
The Crank episode? I though that one was great.

You know, I'm not sure if I heard it or not. I'm vaguely remember bits, and pieces, but I'm not positive if I heard the whole thing. But they do talk about the movie more than the past director/actors episodes.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
The Crank episode? I though that one was great.
The punisher episode was also great even though it didn't disect the movie that much. Some really funny and interesting insights on the way films are made. The way they hire directors of indie pics totally reminded me of the beginning of Barton fink.

From Justin to Kelly is easily the funniest episode I've listened to so far. All the random public domain songs they break into and the random references throughout the episode had me crying.

"Is it socially acceptable when you spill a drink on a woman to just start fingering her?"

"Hold on, hold on, hold on. We must take this question VERY seriously."

Edit: Holy shit, I just got to the amazon review with the girl talking about losing 15 people in the last 2 years. I died.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I loved the way June responded to this question.
John: (paraphrasing) "You know that thing when someone wants to take over the world to make it more peaceful?"
June: "I do know that thing."

The way she said that was hilarious.

Which live episode was it when there was a baby in the audience and Jason couldn't let it go? Had me loling like a crazy person at work.

The Chef

Decided to give this show a chance. Didn't find the Street Fighter one to be that great but I trusted in the OP and gave it another shot and listened to the Devils Advocate and was laughing my ass off.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Which live episode was it when there was a baby in the audience and Jason couldn't let it go? Had me loling like a crazy person at work.

I believe that was Cobra.

I was wondering where this came from lol:

Decided to give this show a chance. Didn't find the Street Fighter one to be that great but I trusted in the OP and gave it another shot and listened to the Devils Advocate and was laughing my ass off.

Pacino-isms never fail.

I recommend Sleepway camp (if there is one movie you watch before listening, let it be this one, because you will be lost, and the movie is mind blowing. YT link in the OP), Twilight, Birdemic, and From Justin to Kelly, episodes.

Watching Street Fighter now. This is amazing. Please tell me they talk about this - Guille laying in the morgue, under a blanket, pretending to be dead presumably for hours.

Listen to From Justin to Kelly next. It's just so damn good.

Watching Street Fighter now. This is amazing. Please tell me they talk about this - Guille laying in the morgue, under a blanket, pretending to be dead presumably for hours.

Yes, they talk about it.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Thanks, downloading now. I wish all their episodes were live.

From Justin to Kelly is probably the best one I've listened to. From the impersonation of the wardrobe department to the groundbreaking reveal of where the title came from... it's a great episode.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I love this podcast so much. Love it whenever a new episode comes out. I got a few friends at work into the show too, and I ended up describing Bioshock Infinite to them as "flat out bonkers", haha. Didn't feel the Spice World ep but Street Fighter was great. I used to listen to this and Comedy Bang Bang pretty religiously, but CBB has been fairly hit and miss of late. I don't think it can ever reach the highs of when Mantzoukas was on with Andy Daly doing the bit about the guy who writes limericks. I was literally crying with laughter at that. Really like how these guys play off each other.

Ok, I will admit I laughed non ironically at something in Street Fighter. It was in the prison where Balrog and Honda were being tortured and Balrog asked Honda to give him a hand and Honda says "Maybe in a month. But we've only been here for two hours!"

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Twilight. You've got to get to Part 2 with CGI baby face. It's startling.

1- The battle was well fucking worth with. Insane.
2- Why the heck did they CGI the child!?

Ok, I will admit I laughed non ironically at something in Street Fighter. It was in the prison where Balrog and Honda were being tortured and Balrog asked Honda to give him a hand and Honda says "Maybe in a month. But we've only been here for two hours!"

I will have to admit, I laughed the repo man line.

1- The battle was well fucking worth with. Insane.
2- Why the heck did they CGI the child!?

Twist made me so angry.

Ya, I don't get why they decided to go that route for the baby. I guess they wanted her to look like the actress that played older Renesmeree (or however you fucking spell it) but it was so unescessary. Plenty of other movies have proven you can use several different actors for a single character.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Twist made me so angry.

Ya, I don't get why they decided to go that route for the baby. I guess they wanted her to look like the actress that played older Renesmeree (or however you fucking spell it) but it was so unescessary. Plenty of other movies have proven you can use several different actors for a single character.

It kinda of help that I knew it was coming lol.

For people who don't follow these movies religiously, you don't care at all for the wolves in that scene. It is hard to tell who is who when they are in their wolf form. So when a wolf died, and dramatic, sad music played, I'm sure I was meant to be sad, but all I thought was, who the heck was that?

The decision to cgi her, just made her creepy. It was a distraction more than anything.

Didn't really laugh at all at the latest episode. June was great though, get theories were amusing.

I'm listening to it at the moment.

I'm finding it amusing, but at the same time I believe that the movie is more enjoyable or better commented when you understand street fighter. The time spent by June trying to make sense of the title, while amusing I was mostly shaking my head.

The Chef

Listen to From Justin to Kelly next. It's just so damn good.

omg you weren't kidding. I swear I was laughing the entire time.
A couple of my favorite lines:
"Oh THATS too far but 9/11 is cool with you guys!?"

and of course:
"So your saying he tanned his ass and bleached his asshole and then shat blood?!"

hahahaahah

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

I need to listen to that episode:

omg you weren't kidding. I swear I was laughing the entire time.
A couple of my favorite lines:
"Oh THATS too far but 9/11 is cool with you guys!?"

and of course:
"So your saying he tanned his ass and bleached his asshole and then shat blood?!"

hahahaahah

The Crank 2 episode is the funniest one I've heard. I want to listen to the Cobra podcast today.

I'm debating between watching Cobra, or The Room. People have said both episodes are really funny.

The things I do for this podcast - watching Godzilla 1998. What's with all the Simpsons people in this movie?

Bobo Anne Heche is really cute in this. I wonder why she didn't do much else after this movie?

This is the rainiest movie ever

So Godzilla is like 100 feet tall yet he can hide in NYC and crawl around in the sewers?

This movie has got to make women rage. A giant dinosaur is destroying New York and the reporter lady doesn't give one single fuck. All she cares about is trying to get her ex-boyfriend back. Meanwhile Matthew Broderick is like "I'm a man. I'm trying to get work done. Leave me alone."

Subtle - the mayor's name is Ebert (and he looks like Roger Ebert) and his aide is Gene. I wonder if they both trashed an Emmerich movie before this because they're not painted in a very good light. At least "Ebert" isn't.

rar

i do like the podcast, but i can't say i love it

my enjoyment is highly dependent on the movie in question and the guests. they could also do with some cast rotation. the main cast can be funny at times, but they tend to use the same phrases and make the same jokes repeatedly. they're not people who i can listen to forever and not get tired of like other podcast hosts

I finally watched Street Fighter yesterday and listened to the podcast immediately afterward.

Holy crap. What a hilarious ep.

June's repeated "What is a Street Fighter?" and "So is she a Street Fighter?" questions were fucking hysterical.

I also loved that she thought the film was trying to make a statement on the arbitrary nature of good and evil.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Next movie is a tribute to Roger Ebert. A movie which he considered the worst movie he ever saw:

tumblr_m9afj0UoTA1qed76d.jpg

The movie is available on Netflix streaming.

Listened to the Street Fighter and Godzilla episodes. Both great as always. Bored now so I'm going back and listening to all the episodes in order. I'm at the end of the Last Airbender episode.

Next movie is a tribute to Roger Ebert. A movie which he considered the worst movie he ever saw:

tumblr_m9afj0UoTA1qed76d.jpg

The movie is available on Netflix streaming.

Ohhhhhhhh man this is gonna be good. And gotta love a choice thats on streaming.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Aww, shit.

When I read "tribute to Roger Ebert," I was hoping it would be North.

I saw a trailer for North, I hope they do it someday.

I've never seen this one. Oofa, looks real stupid. Ivan Reitman production with music by Alan Silvetsri? Whoa whoa whoa, stop the clock.

Ohhhhhhhh man this is gonna be good. And gotta love a choice thats on streaming.

The trailer looks amazing lol. They are going to have a field day with this one.

Love this:

Sylvester Stallone considers this the worst film he's ever done.

When Estelle Getty found out that filming the movie would involve guns, she said that she would only do the movie if there were no guns in it. The producers lied to her (and told her that there would be no guns in the movie) in order to get her to sign on.

Strax

Kinda suprised so many people like this podcast, I checked out 4 eps and it's kinda like being at a party with 3-4 drunk dudes going

"Hey you remember _______ in ________ lol"
"Yeah it's so dumb"
"totally and then he ___________ and it made no sense"
"lol"

Over and over and over

Met Paul Scheer last night at a wrap party. Cool guy.

My GF and I listened to the Spice World podcast and then watched the movie. Hilarious.

Kinda suprised so many people like this podcast, I checked out 4 eps and it's kinda like being at a party with 3-4 drunk dudes going

"Yeah it's so dumb"
"lol"

Over and over and over
It's fun analysis of really fucking stupid movies.

I'm not sure what you expected.

"Yeah it's so dumb"
"lol"

Over and over and over

Kinda surprised so many people like to post on NeoGAF. I've checked out a few threads and it's kinda like a bunch of people going

"Joke first post"
"dozens of FIRST POST WINS, LOL posts"
"Pun"
"Why is this even a thread?"
"_____________.gif"

Over and over and over

Top Bottom