• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do I cancel Xbox Live?

I have about a week left and I don't want to get charged another 50$. I have one of those 2 month thingys from Burnout 3 and I'd much rather use that. I did receive a notification that my Live would be automatically renewed on the 11th of October, but since then I got a new computer and the email has been lost. How do I cancel my subscription? Thanks.

1-800-4MY-XBOX.....

You may want to try putting in the 2 month codes ahead of time. When I got a deal on a year subscription, I put in the code early thinking it be accumulative. XBL cancelled my current subscription early (like 6 months in adavnce) and refunded the remaining credit/money to my credit card, and the new year subscription code I just put in became effective immediately. So you may want to try putting in a 2 month free code in early and see what happens. You'd at least be able to retain your 'Gamertag'.

ChrisReid

Unfortunately the 2 month trials are pretty much all for new accounts only and won't add time. Otherwise lots of us would just have permanent free live subscriptions.

Docpan said:
You can do it from the dashboard. Don't bother with a phonecall.
Really? I thought you can only change the billing period from dashboard. That would be great, since MS doesnt offer phone support in my native language. I have been under impression that phone call is the only way to cancel Live.

When I tried to cancel from the dash, it told me I couldn't and that I had to call the number. Then the guy on the phone gave me a hard time and wouldn't let me cancel the free trial since the credit card I used to sign up wasn't mine. Fun times.

Awesome, tomorrow I'm gonna boot up Ninja Gaiden and download the hurricane packs and cancel my account through the desktop. I'm gonna activate my 2 months of Live around November 9th (Burnout 3 does not scream "PLAY ME ON LIVE!" for me, jesus that crap was broken) and hopefully Halo2 has another 2 months for me to leech off with so I can get 4 months of Halo2 play. Thanks everyone.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Don't you need Xbox Live to access the hurricane packs? Even if you download them? It's tied to your Xbox Live gamertag I think

AeroGod

Wario64 said:
Don't you need Xbox Live to access the hurricane packs? Even if you download them? It's tied to your Xbox Live gamertag I think

Only once. You download, go to ninja tournament and save your game then you can load it up and play the hurricane pack outside of Xbox live.

Can I reactivate my Xbox Live account that I cancelled a while back with a free two month code? Even though I started my account with a freesubscription code? Help anyone?

I couldnt find a way to cancel from the dash. Only thing I could do was put more money into the account from there. I had to call and have the "Are you SURE you want to cancel?!" speech before he finally shut it off. If it's true about having the Live account to play the hurricane packs (havent tried it without Live yet) then that is going to fucking suck.

Top Bottom