• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do these speakers hold up today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecrofirt

I've got a set of Altec Lansing ACS54 speakers that we used to use for our old PC.

I don't know how they are today, and how they'll hold up with my new Audigy 2 rig that I've got coming. Is it worth it to use them on the new rig, or are they obsolete?

Ecrofirt

Oh, and if these speakers will be crap with the Audigy 2, I'm willing to buy speakers.

My price range is $100-$150. What's the best I can get for that cash?

K

Kwokuen

Unconfirmed Member
Logitech Z-2200

Ordered these speakers yesterday. My friend has the 5.1 version (Z-680) and they sound absolutely fantastic. I believe this set is $55 after a $50 rebate.

Ecrofirt

OK, so I'm looking at the Logitech Z680

and the Logitech® Z-5300

Is there really that much of a difference, other than pure wattage?

The Z680s are a bit about my price range, but I can hold off on them for awhile and use old speakers.

What I'm reallt interested in is something that has tweeters, or howeer you spell it, for higher sound. Is this really important, or what?

crumbs

Kwokuen said:
Logitech Z-2200

Ordered these speakers yesterday. My friend has the 5.1 version (Z-680) and they sound absolutely fantastic. I believe this set is $55 after a $50 rebate.

I've had these for six months and they're great, highly recommended. $55 after rebates is a steal, I think I paid around $100 in Feb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom