• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do you keep your collection?

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I've been looking all around for some good shelves to use to display my collection... anybody have any suggestions at to what to use? Like, for NES, SNES, DC, PSX, PS2, etc games... What are some good shelves and where can I buy them?

Soul4ger

This is a good question. I'm looking, too. Since I had to move into an apartment with my mom after my parents separated, I've got shit everywhere - in storage, in my closet, on random shelves. Any good, large shelves to display a lot of stuff would be ideal.

BenT

I ended up getting the largest rotating, four-side rack I could find. It's not much for display but it probably packs the most games into a compact space.

Sadly, I almost have it filled.

If you're really hardcore about displaying your stuff AND making best use of space, you may want to either look into shelves that you can put into the wall yourself or custom shelves made by a local craftsperson. The reason is that pre-made shelving units usually max out at six feet tall. Think of all that wasted space between the top the unit and the ceiling!

thomaser

I got a carpenter to make a custom bookshelf. It's massive, and takes all my games, books, films and music, and looks very nice. Very, very expensive, though, but it beats having everything in cardboard boxes.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Ben - thanks a LOT for that site, that's exactly what I needed... There's some really nice stuff on there, I like that huge media wall thing, I think that'll work really well, even though it's a bit costly. Plus, it shouldn't take too long to ship to here, too bad there's no showroom. Baldwin's not too far away from where I work.

Brannon

I have them all in my CD booklet.

Good news; convenient storage

Bad news; more prone to scratching

Worse news; a thief could just pick up the entire collection and waltz off with it just like that if I'm careless

Constant moving makes it a necessary evil though.

Dyne

I have two old Entertainment unit stands that seem to hold everything I throw them at. They're both pretty big. I also have an entire shelf in my bedroom dedicated to holding Gameboy stuff, but as soon as NDS comes I'm going to have to make it two shelves. (I had the entire shelf collapse on to the bottom one because the weight was too heavy, so I just evened out the weight for now.)

Top Bottom