• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How good is the MuVo 2 4GB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Right now I'm stuck between the MuVo and the 30GB Zen. The Zen looks much better overall, but it looks bulky and *not* so sports friendly (I am planning to use it while lifting or jogging) so at this moment the MuVo is my player of choice, but I still don't know nothing about the sound quality and other details. How good is it? Does it have some kind of generic flaw?

I've find it for $175 (€140) and I think that it is a steal.

Funky Papa said:
Right now I'm stuck between the MuVo and the 30GB Zen. The Zen looks much better overall, but it looks bulky and *not* so sports friendly (I am planning to use it while lifting or jogging) so at this moment the MuVo is my player of choice, but I still don't know nothing about the sound quality and other details. How good is it? Does it have some kind of generic flaw?

I've find it for $175 (€140) and I think that it is a steal.

It's just a big flash drive. There was a huge market for them on Ebay because as it turns out, the thing just has a 4GB compact flash card, which would cost a king's ransom by itself. A lot of ebay users were taking out the 4GB card to sell, and then inserting a 128MB card and either keeping or selling the player.

Sound quality is great across the MuVo line, no software is needed from what I've seen - really, the only difference between the MuVo 1GB+ and 512 or less market is that the smaller size has a built in USB port. If it doesn't bug you to use a cable to transfer files, you should be fine.

In any case, from what I've seen of the Zen, it's a great player but far too big (and in the end, possibly too fragile) for regular workouts. The MuVos are keychain size. I'm currently using the MuVoNX 256, and in length/width, I have bigger business cards.

Suerte

Crazymoogle said:
It's just a big flash drive. There was a huge market for them on Ebay because as it turns out, the thing just has a 4GB compact flash card, which would cost a king's ransom by itself. A lot of ebay users were taking out the 4GB card to sell, and then inserting a 128MB card and either keeping or selling the player.

Sound quality is great across the MuVo line, no software is needed from what I've seen - really, the only difference between the MuVo 1GB+ and 512 or less market is that the smaller size has a built in USB port. If it doesn't bug you to use a cable to transfer files, you should be fine.

In any case, from what I've seen of the Zen, it's a great player but far too big (and in the end, possibly too fragile) for regular workouts. The MuVos are keychain size. I'm currently using the MuVoNX 256, and in length/width, I have bigger business cards.

Uuum, I have the Muvo2 4GB and it's not a big flash drive, it's a mini hard drive. Anyway, it's a great mp3 player and dosen't require drivers, it's plug and play and has great sound quality, good battery life and the battery is replaceable.

element

I've got one, but took out the 4 GB microdrive and put in a 256 MB CF card.

It is a great MP3 player. Small, great sound quality, and totally plug & play.

goodcow

Suerte said:
Uuum, I have the Muvo2 4GB and it's not a big flash drive, it's a mini hard drive. Anyway, it's a great mp3 player and dosen't require drivers, it's plug and play and has great sound quality, good battery life and the battery is replaceable.

But it's a mini hard drive which people's digital cameras could read.

element

goodcow said:
But it's a mini hard drive which people's digital cameras could read.
Creative was using 4 GB hitachi microdrive, which follow standard CF II connectors. So you could take it out, format it in your camera and have 4 GB of storage in your camera. Most people doing it were highend photographers with EOS type cameras.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom