• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How many has ordered the RE4 demo?

SantaC

Just did it. $25(with shipping) wasted for a demo! However, I am going to sell it when I am done with it, so it's not so bad

Alcibiades

be sure an give impressions, may serve as a good gift for my bro, and I know I can get a freeloader at a local game shop for $20.

BTW, are older freeloaders and newer ones the same, or should I buy from a website because they'll have the newest, most-compatible version?

SantaC

efralope said:
be sure an give impressions, may serve as a good gift for my bro, and I know I can get a freeloader at a local game shop for $20.

BTW, are older freeloaders and newer ones the same, or should I buy from a website because they'll have the newest, most-compatible version?

the newer freeloaders are more compatible and much better. Don't get an old version.

Alcibiades

SantaCruZer said:
the newer freeloaders are more compatible and much better. Don't get an old version.
wow thanks for the info, I'm glad I didn't get it a few weeks ago...

I have like $150 credit at the store, so I was just looking for random stuff to spend it on...

BTW, I've looked at videogamedepot.com and play-asia.com and couldn't find the Biohazard 4 demo, can somebody link to me where they ordered it from, or did they do it at local import shops...

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
efralope said:
BTW, I've looked at videogamedepot.com and play-asia.com and couldn't find the Biohazard 4 demo, can somebody link to me where they ordered it from, or did they do it at local import shops...

I'll tell the VGD guys to stop being lame and order some. Generally if you ask them to get something, they will if they can.

Alcibiades

thanks, I might order in a couple of days, I just hope a US demo isn't announced for Octoboer or November cause then I'll feel silly...

Sho Nuff

Banned
I played this today with a bunch of other folks watching. You might want to avoid paying a lot for this as it's very short.

Leon drives in and is asked if he is a BAD ENOUGH DUDE to rescue the president's daughter. He goes into a building and there is a dude there and the dude wigs out and attacks. You kill his ass. Then you jump out a window, kill more dudes, save a dog from a bear trap and then go into a new area. All the way you are totally stockpiling bullets and herbs and shit. Now you are in a village and there are a billion dudes coming at you and throwing knives and shit. You fend them off best you can and then the church bell rings and the zombie people go away and the screen fades to black and the demo is over and you feel really stupid for spending a lot of money for 10 minutes of gameplay.

Oh, and you collect PTAs over the course of the demo, though I don't know what the Parent Teacher Organization has to do with Biohazard.

BTW you can shoot the cow and it moos but doesn't dies.
Also, has anyone figured out how to:

1. Strafe
2. Reload without emptying your clip first or going to the menu screen
3. Quick weapon-switch to the knife to break boxes
4. Properly judge distances for melee combat

Sho Nuff

Banned
By the way, I hear that this is the same as the E3 demo but in Japanese. (I wouldn't know. If I had the money to go to E3 from Japan, I sure wouldn't be posting on GAF on a Saturday night at 2AM, I'd be out with hookers or something)

Deg

Banned
I'm ordering this. I cant help it even if its short. MP2 was cool but i also felt silly for paying for it. 10 minutes is longer than MP2 however :p

Sho Nuff

Banned
I would save my money, you're paying essentially half of what the final game will cost for 1/100th of the gameplay.

I'm sure it will be fixed, but the gunplay/movement need work. The biggest problem is that Leon steers like a tank and targeting is a real chore. IGN called it "a complete joy", maybe they were talking about another later build.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
"BTW you can shoot the cow and it moos but doesn't dies"

you can stab it to death! I just did.
Whilst they are sorting out the crappy controls, they can add some more voice samples for the villages - i got tired of hearing them say the same things over and over...

also, the view is a little... odd....
it started giving me a head ache as i felt i was straining to see anything. This adds to the tension, but it was a right pain in the arse.

Regardless, a good taster for what should be a good game if the fix the not-too-few issues... although i would NOT pay $25 for it.

Sho Nuff

Banned
Did you notice how the voice samples for the villagers were really badly compressed and tinny-sounding? It reminded me of VF2 on the Saturn, I swear.

Deg

Banned
well i'm getting for £10 :p so i am not complaining. At least they added women in this demo build :p

DCharlie

"Did you notice how the voice samples for the villagers were really badly compressed and tinny-sounding? It reminded me of VF2 on the Saturn, I swear."

yes, but even better was having to hear those two samples over and over again

"bhunenoheffheffheffeffChriswaddlepickettywhich"
"BuetrosBuetrosGhali..."
"BuetrosBuetrosGhali..."
"BuetrosBuetrosGhali..."
"BuetrosBuetrosGhali..."

"OH JUST FUCKING DIE WILL YOU! I'm stabbing you in the face after shooting you 6 times, what MORE do you want... oh, i have to wait for you to stand up? oh... okay... come on then up you get... on your feet now? ... NOW DIE YOU HORRIBLE LITTLE MAN....*slash slash slash*"

Deg

Banned
DCharlie said:
"Did you notice how the voice samples for the villagers were really badly compressed and tinny-sounding? It reminded me of VF2 on the Saturn, I swear."

yes, but even better was having to hear those two samples over and over again

"BuetrosBuetrosGhali..."
"BuetrosBuetrosGhali..."
"BuetrosBuetrosGhali..."
"BuetrosBuetrosGhali..."

"OH JUST FUCKING DIE WILL YOU! I'm stabbing you in the face after shooting you 6 times, what MORE do you want... oh, i have to wait for you to stand up? oh... okay... come on then up you get... on your feet now? ... NOW DIE YOU HORRIBLE LITTLE MAN....*slash slash slash*"

You're a violent person :p

DCharlie

"get over it. It's just an outdated demo."

... that's being sold at $15 over here,
and $25 overseas!

It has issues, i just thought it would have been a bit more polished than it is, regardless of how old it is.

"I am not worried though. The final version will be awesome."

as long as they get lots of feed back about what to fix, and they address the issues - yes, it will be awesome. I can't wait for the final game, it's one of the games i'm gagging for. I think there was a Quiter rumour that it was actually going to ship in December, this is another reason why i'm a little concerned if this turns out to be NOT an old demo, but something fairly recent.

SantaC

DCharlie said:
"get over it. It's just an outdated demo."

... that's being sold at $15 over here,
and $25 overseas!

It has issues, i just thought it would have been a bit more polished than it is, regardless of how old it is.

well noone forces you to buy it? I did because I really want to get a first taste of it. Most demos usually have issues.

DCharlie

"well noone forces you to buy it? I did because I really want to get a first taste of it. Most demos usually have issues."

I bought it for the same reason you bought it!

I'm aware demos have issues, but i'm surprised at how many issues and some of them fairly fundamental (the view, control, sound problems, collission detection, AI , etc etc). I'm still excited for the full game and i'm sure this will be fine, but this has just made me a little worried.

SantaC

DCharlie said:
"well noone forces you to buy it? I did because I really want to get a first taste of it. Most demos usually have issues."

I bought it for the same reason you bought it!

I'm aware demos have issues, but i'm surprised at how many issues and some of them fairly fundamental (the view, control, sound problems, collission detection, AI , etc etc). I'm still excited for the full game and i'm sure this will be fine, but this has just made me a little worried.

I think they will adress atleast 4 of those problems. The only thing i don't think they'll change is the controls, and I can live with that since the view is now behind you. I'll report further judgement when I get the hands of the demo.

Even if the final version will have some issues (and which game does not), I am sure I will enjoy it because, I never thought that RE4 would look so awesome.

Top Bottom