• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How much is a used XBox in Canada?

I must know! Also does EB have the same PS2 trade in deal as the americans (trade in old PS2 with 5 games and get the new PS2 model)?

Datawhore

on the 15th floor
They're $179.99 new, so I wouldn't pay more than $129 if I were you. EB will probably charge $149.99 CDN for the old ones though.

Dez

Where can you buy them for 179 new (canadian)? unless you're talking US, but it's $149.99 in the US isn't it?

beerbelly

Banned
Very little stores sell Xbox alone now. They only come in bundles which sell for 219.99 with 2 games (Amped 2 and something else).

I went to Zellers 2 weeks ago and asked and got the 2nd last Xbox (not bundled) which sold for 199.99. I price matched it with Walmart's price of 178.xx. Do it.

Yeah got mine at Wal-Mart for $178. Couldn't pass that up. You might have trouble finding a non-Holiday bundle Xbox pretty soon, though. Holiday bundle is $60 more.

Solid

Doom_Bringer said:
its safe to buy a used xbox right? No DRE errors or any bs like that?
I did that back in '02 and it did not go well. I got DRE and was forced to send my Xbox to MS support three times before I got a replacement console. After that I will never buy a used system again.

Deepthroat said:
I did that back in '02 and it did not go well. I got DRE and was forced to send my Xbox to MS support three times before I got a replacement console. After that I will never buy a used system again.

shit, happend to me with a used game! But IGN sent me not 1 but 2 copies :D

Deepthroat said:

That is so true; that's why I will never get a used system (unless they are out of circulation or something). My friend's sister bought a used *cough* modified *cough* PS2 for $200 CAN, and it has "major" trouble reading anything right now (just came back from his house after checking it out). I checked the model number and I think it's one of those really early models (maybe a launch unit) too. Needless to say: I think they got scammed pretty badly. :p

Top Bottom