• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

how to fix a cracked external cell phone display? (with pic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazy

Well I went to Canada's Wonderland yesterday, and being the idiot that I am, I had my cell phone (LG 4600) in my pocket when I went on most of the rides. After I came out of one of the rides (Wild Beast, appropriately named) I checked my phone and it looked like this:

100_0662.JPG

Notice the ugly scratch on the external display.

I called up my phone company (Telus) and asked what could be done about it and they said nothing, unless I'm willing to pay (which I'm not, just yet). The Telus rep. I talked to did, however, suggest that I check out Pacific Mall here in Toronto, and see if they're selling the external glass pieces. If I can find one, how difficult would it be to pry off the scratched glass and insert the new one? Has anyone ever done something like this? Am I better off paying the $50 or so that it will cost to replace this $5 piece of glass?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
buy a dummy phone off ebay, make sure you find the special screwdriver they use for cell phones and use the dummy phone for parts.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I clicked this thread thinking that I would click on just about any thread with (pic included) in the title. I was dissapointed :(

Lazy

scola said:
I clicked this thread thinking that I would click on just about any thread with (pic included) in the title. I was dissapointed :(

I clicked this thread thinking that I might have some useful replies. I was dissapointed. :( (Except jobber...thanks, I'll look into what you said, although I'd prefer a cheaper solution.)

GG-Duo

You went to Wonderland YESTERDAY?
It was half price on saturday, man. $26, Chinese Day!

btw... what's a dummy phone? :p

GG-Duo said:
You went to Wonderland YESTERDAY?
It was half price on saturday, man. $26, Chinese Day!

Thats why there were so many chinese people there on Saturday. The lines were freaking horrible but you got to see some pretty hot girls in the lines. Anyway the sucks about your phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom