• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How to roll a cigarette?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pimpwerx

Well, you guys know I smoke and stuff. My technique is pretty crummy. I have to use a dollar bill to get it rolled tight. It works, and I've rolled some fine fatties in my day, but I want to develop one of those dutch master skills I see so many people have. A friend of mine can roll them real good in a cinch with just his fingers. I've seen him, takes about 20 seconds, and the finished product is as good as anything I can do in 5 minutes. So what are some of the techniques employed by my fellow smokers on here. I just bought a bag of...um...tobacco which is probably only gonna be good for rolling. I got a pack of Pimp Daddy Papers

pimpsolo.jpg

pimpsheet.jpg

and a weekend full of rain. Lend me some of the sage-like knowledge you may have on how to roll a proper cigarette. PEACE.

I smoked (weed) for well over a year before finally learning how to roll. It's definitely a useful skill to have. You've got you bag of tobacco to practice with, which is good. I recommend buying thick papers like Players instead of the thin Zig-Zags. The Players are much easier to roll with.

I'm sure you know, theoretically, how to roll one from all of the sites on the internet. Just put the tobacco on the paper, roll it between your fingers (your thumb and your first two fingers on both hands) and pull the paper over it to close it. Start by rolling from the middle and going out toward the sides lightly, so the stuff sticks together and is less likely to fall out. Then repeat that but roll it more tightly. The trick to closing it is, once you have a solid bar of tobacco formed, to pull the paper about half way down the bar, so it's half exposed. Now tightly roll in the opposite direction. This is the trickiest part of rolling.

The most important thing about rolling is that there is no specific technique to follow to roll perfect cigarettes. Though you've likely heard it before, it's all about practice. The more you'll roll, the less stuff falls out of the cigarette while rolling it and the easier it gets. So just roll like twenty a day for a week or more and you'll start getting the hang of it. Once you do, start practicing with weed. You'll be rolling decent joints in probably less then two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom