• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How well does PS2 hold up online w/ modem?

UFC PRIDE

Just wondering - because I may have to buy one if SD 6 has an online mode with dial up. I know Fight Night has one - how does that hold up with a modem, or the PS2 overall? Thanks.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
err, I don't get what your asking

if you're asking how is the PS2 network performance, the answer is so-so. it depends on the developer. for instance, there are flawless online games (madden/ncaa) where even if you are on 56k you get a smooth, lag-free performance.

then there are games with TERRIBLE lag and bad performance overall (MVP baseball).

so, to answer your question, the ps2 is good online, but not great. it all depends on the game.

UFC PRIDE

Oh ok - what about one of those wireless connection things, you stick one in the PS2 or whatever and one in the phone socket, and it connects you. Is that just as fast as using a phone line?

Top Bottom