• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter x Hunter serialization resumes in 3 days!

New chapter coming in 3 days!

Exciting stuff. Togashi's cranked out about 20 chapters so far, with a goal of 10 more by the end of the year. Apparently the 30 chapters that will get released during this serialization were all storyboarded back in 2018, where he claimed to have reached "a good stopping point."

30 chapters is about 3 volumes worth of material, and we're already about 5 volumes into the current arc. I'm thinking we may see the end of the Succession War arc and the beginning of the Dark Continent arc.

Paltheos

Scorecard: These are the first chapters released in almost two years (Viz's website says 12/25/22). Before that batch of 10 chapters the last batches, also in groups of 10, came out in 2018 (per hiatus x hiatus).

I did briskly examine chapter 400. Not quite as text-heavy as the last time I'd looked at it but still pretty dense. Art is better than I would have anticipated post-crisis Togashi being able to draw. Props.

Fbh

Maybe with with I'll find the motivation to catch up. I kinda lost interest during the new arc.
Are they still on the ship? And is every chapter still walls of text explaining convoluted plans and powers and Kurapika going "I know that he knows that I know that she knows that I know that we know that he knows?".

Maybe with with I'll find the motivation to catch up. I kinda lost interest during the new arc.
Are they still on the ship? And is every chapter still walls of text explaining convoluted plans and powers and Kurapika going "I know that he knows that I know that she knows that I know that we know that he knows?".
Yeah they're still on the ship. Probably for the forseeable future, and there will likely be more walls of text tbh.

Personally I'm loving it, but don't force yourself if you're not feeling it. The exposition in this arc puts Chimera Ant to shame, and Togashi said something along the lines of wanting this arc to have the largest cast of characters. So that means having to develop each character.

Top Bottom